• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pre-Order New 850 Titanium Can

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
Last edited:
M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
We will be starting on a hood as soon as we get a production sled with the hood and a titanium can will you will drop right around 20 pounds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

if you got a pre order combo can/hood kit going for
us and it wasn't too much over 1,000. I for one would
be all over that

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
I've seen first hand two of your cans split at the top seam of an Axys. You did make it right but it would have been a quick way to burn the sled down. Would not recommend this until you solve your obvious welding problems.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We are now taking preseason order for the new skidoo 850 Ti quiet and Ti Lite Titanium Can. Pre-order $50.00 off Code ti850

NOTICE: this is a pre-order. Cans will not be produced until we have a production sled. Shipments will begin shortly after that

http://diamond-smfg.com/product/ski-doo-850-g4-quiet/

That link takes me to a Under Construction page???
And the video link says NOT AVAILABLE?

Is that correct???

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I've seen first hand two of your cans split at the top seam of an Axys. You did make it right but it would have been a quick way to burn the sled down. Would not recommend this until you solve your obvious welding problems.
Were those cans the early models? The newer cans have the Ti rolled over the edges of the can and welded to make a stronger joint.
I had an early version, drove 20 miles and decided to sell it( at a good loss)..next buyer went 3 miles and the can split apart and melted his side panel and belly pan. Now Diamond "S" came through for him I was told. But Diamond "S" said I had a ton of miles on the can, not sure why that was said? But I guess maybe to deflect blame to me. I would think the newer versions are ok(stronger)

K
Sep 4, 2012
Tri-Cities, WA
That link takes me to a Under Construction page???
And the video link says NOT AVAILABLE?

Is that correct???

Long time lurker here, sup guys. Back in the beginning of August I pre-ordered a can for my new 850 X and after I submitted the payment I got an error message from their card transaction company they must use, telling me to contact Diamond S to make sure they got my information and order, they definitely charged my card though. I first used the websites "contact us" form, didn't hear back from them. 2 weeks later I called and left a message, no call back. Soon after this the YouTube video was taken down and the website started acting screwy. Now there are post here saying the welds are coming apart
.. awesome (I get that welding Ti is tricky)

Moral of the story, I would hold off putting down $550 til you know product is moving out the door.

Last edited:

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I ordered a can from DS in the fall of 2015 when the T3 came out. I was told 6 weeks, and gave my CC. Can arrived within the 6 weeks, card was charged the day it shipped. Quality annd SOUND was as promised. 1100 miles, no weld issues. I was so impressed, that I ordered one for my Dad's Axys, with the same results.

...highly recommended, in my eyes.

Ace

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
They logged into their account here on SnoWest yesterday.
Hopefully they will check in again tomorrow and let all of us know whats going on.

hacktt10

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2015
I pre-ordered mine at HayDays after talking with them for quite some time. Took my CC information but have not ran it yet.

They did make it clear that they were waiting for a production sled and once they got their hands on one the ball would start rolling..

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Some people's kids. I just spoke with Scott last week. He is waiting on a production sled to finalize the pipe to can fitment since doo decided to change that connection from the clip style on the prototype to the normal two spring setup like on the XM's. He has 100's of muffler bodies ready to roll that just need that part to finish them up. Please be patient and try to act like an adult. I've dealt with Scott for 15 years and you won't find a more honest, stand-up guy or anyone more obsessed with the quality of their product. I ordered one and told him to just run the card right away if that tells you anything.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Some people's kids. I just spoke with Scott last week. He is waiting on a production sled to finalize the pipe to can fitment since doo decided to change that connection from the clip style on the prototype to the normal two spring setup like on the XM's. He has 100's of muffler bodies ready to roll that just need that part to finish them up. Please be patient and try to act like an adult. I've dealt with Scott for 15 years and you won't find a more honest, stand-up guy or anyone more obsessed with the quality of their product. I ordered one and told him to just run the card right away if that tells you anything.
Thanks for the update.
Hopefully he puts his website back online soon.

K
Sep 4, 2012
Tri-Cities, WA

That's great to hear, makes me feel better. But you are obviously on a first name basis with them, I'm not. Look at my situation as a new customer, would it inspire confidence in you? Probably not. I was advised by website message to contact them by their own CC processor, I did -twice- with no reply. All it took was a quick email or call that says "yes we are good" or "no, we will look into it".

I'm not trying to be a difficult, entitled ahole. Just following up on a message that told me there was an error during processing, that happened to already take my money.

Last edited:

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
thats not how a business should be ran.

the 2 seperate cans i saw split the welds were last years on a brand new unmodded Axys.

True, but it is summer time and folks in the snowmobile industry generally have some other "summer" thing they do.

As far as cracking, tell who ever to get in touch with Diamond S about some sort of warranty. As Scott says they are not supposed to crack so...

I ran one all last season on my 16 872 T3, no issues. Had a friend that's had one on his 15 T3 for 2 seasons, no issues.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
We have one on our 174 T3 2015 and have about 1600 miles without any problems. Scott was good to work with and we had a problem when there was damage shipping on a hood and they took care of it (just had to pay shipping back to them). I will buy from them again so hopefully it's nothing more than timing on the website and response concerns.

Premium Features