• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ES kit for axys

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Looking for the part number for the e-start kit for ayxs pro. Thanks

B

benny7cfan

Sep 11, 2009
MN
Good info. I was thinking of pulling the ES from a pro-x and installing on an RMK, both Axys chassis. What are the differences between the two kits? Will my idea work or?

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
The only difference I can see if the battery box, battery box mounting and the battery heat shield. Dealer sent me an electric start kit for my SKS that was supposed to be on my snowcheck and they ordered the one for a rush. Got it half installed and now I got to wait til Monday to call them back and get the right kit.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The brackets to mount the motor look different on the AXYS... but the starter motor, shaft and bendix are the same... The clutch has a diff part number.. but that is because the AXYS has a better angle cut on the sheaves... something that can be corrected at the better clutch shops like Cascade or Indy.

Battery box is diff on the AXYS compared to the ProRide... but just get the lightweight one from Rich Racer on the forums here that holds a lighter battery.

As for the solenoid etc... should not be an issue to make it work.

For those thinking of buying a "Take off Kit" remember that a new, Complete, Primary-clutch is included when you buy the kit from Polaris... so a full Take-off kit would only have a value of around $100 -$150 WITH a swap for the ES clutch. (you trade clutches)

It is NOT possible to add a ring gear to a non-ES clutch.

Check out this thread on "Take off" ES kits ... buying and selling information.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349121

The part number for the new Axys Electric Start Kits is 2881243 for the RMK models. Retail on both kits is 639.99.

Figure 10-20% off that from a discounter .... Sell your stock primary-clutch for $400 while it is still new... and a full ES kit for an AXYS-Mtn sled would only cost you around $115-$175.... Not bad.

Last edited:

bobgrmkpro

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Bismarck, ND
www.wfadvisors.com
Mountainhorse, I'm interested in a light weight battery box that will hold my Ballistic battery to power the IDD on my AXYS 800. I can't find a Rich Racer unless he is Racer 220???? Can you help me find Rich Racer and the light batt. box you mentioned??? thanks Bob

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Looking for a full AXYS RMK take off kit with the ES clutch. If no one has one (in the next day or two) I’ll just order a new kit for the customer. Thanks!

Last edited:
Premium Features