• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Yamaha- Bold new graphics

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
hahahhahahaha. a poo. really??? ill send you some pistons and rings for after your 150 mile rebuild.

for the heated seat. he;; ya i want my a$$ warm when i ride. ill take the viper anywhere you go on your little poo's. haha

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
hahahhahahaha. a poo. really??? ill send you some pistons and rings for after your 150 mile rebuild.

for the heated seat. he;; ya i want my a$$ warm when i ride. ill take the viper anywhere you go on your little poo's. haha

So you have to defend your beloved Yammi by making $hit up about the Poo?

I would love to ride the Viper, but after it's turboed you are looking at a lot of coin. I grew up a Yammi guy and I'm still hoping that they eventually find a way to make a small lightweight 4-stroke motor that can compete with Poo and Doo. That's probably as much of a pipe dream as Nytro's concept of taking his Yammi everywhere the Poo can go!

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
So you have to defend your beloved Yammi by making $hit up about the Poo?

I would love to ride the Viper, but after it's turboed you are looking at a lot of coin. I grew up a Yammi guy and I'm still hoping that they eventually find a way to make a small lightweight 4-stroke motor that can compete with Poo and Doo. That's probably as much of a pipe dream as Nytro's concept of taking his Yammi everywhere the Poo can go!

i am making stuff abou tthe poo eh?? everyone knows that the motors are crap. im not making that up. yamaha has a little ways to go. but a 50 pound heavier cat and doo can go anywhere the poo can.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
It will never end and that's why they make money:))))) but I'm still happy with the 15 if it ever snows in WA ever again:face-icon-small-dis but we did get a fresh 4 inches where I like to ride, Al Gore was right it's over:unless you happen to live east of Montana:face-icon-small-win

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I really like what yamaha did with their front suspension. I think it will make the sled easier to rollover. It will greatly improve side hilling. I put a skinz 36" wide 4" forward arms on my nytro and it made the sled much easier to side hill and boondocking. It didn't handle aswell on the trails but i didn't care about that. I hope I can put the new 20116 suspension on my 2015.
I also like the 3" paddle. It would of been awesome to see a 174" track like skidoo. With a turbo and 3" powerclaw this sled will be a fun toy to ride. I'm also glad to see black tunnels.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Those are the Sickest 4 strokers Ever! Just add Boost!!

Kenny I will never forget when you first got boost.....priceless reaction.

And the Big Iron when you had that deadly sleeper apex cranked right up running with the guys on a solid shot of Nos. I was giggling while you were spanking all.

Time for you to come on home buddy :)
Lets go for a rip this spring!!

Cheers
RS

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Does anyone else see the heated seat and just do a face palm though? I mean i don't care about the heated seat one way or the other, but seeing it confirms Yamaha just don't get it. This sport has been changing big time IMO, we're doing the opposite of the jet ski industry years ago, we're going from sit down to stand up and ride. Every other manufacture is making smaller seats for more mobility and Yamaha still has a seat the size of a 55 gallon drum and to top it off now they heated it? Not to mention all the professional riders put even smaller seats on.
Come on Yamaha wake up this isn't the 90's anymore

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Something big is coming, just wait until next year;)

doesnt this happen every year? personally i think the heated seat is bad azz. why you ask? cuz it just is. yah its huge i dont disagree with that at all. i have a 13 PC that has the same seat. it sucks. but i just like the idea of having a heated seat. its so dumb to have. but its like yah well at least my azz is warm.... lol.

G
Dec 30, 2012
Spruce Grove, Alberta
BNG

Does anyone realize why Yamaha is manufacturing in NA? It's to keep the tariff & duty costs down.

The joint supply agreement helps both companies out post tsunami when much of the support infrastructure for Suzuki and Yamaha were wiped out. Hard to engineer new product when your people and suppliers were gone.

Does anyone remember back to when the SX700 came out. Yamaha engineered a sled that vaulted to the top of the class overnight. Perhaps Model year 2017 will see a repeat.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
doesnt this happen every year? personally i think the heated seat is bad azz. why you ask? cuz it just is. yah its huge i dont disagree with that at all. i have a 13 PC that has the same seat. it sucks. but i just like the idea of having a heated seat. its so dumb to have. but its like yah well at least my azz is warm.... lol.

Back in '09, Doo did offer this as an accessory option. My buddy put one on his '09 XP. While it seemed cool at the time, every ride he used it, came home with a wet butt even with expensive Klim gear. I wouldn't pay for one myself, unless I was a trail rider and my butt never came off the seat!

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Back in '09, Doo did offer this as an accessory option. My buddy put one on his '09 XP. While it seemed cool at the time, every ride he used it, came home with a wet butt even with expensive Klim gear. I wouldn't pay for one myself, unless I was a trail rider and my butt never came off the seat!

Agreed. The seat on a mountain sled is essentially a decoration. About the only time it is used is when you're stopped eating lunch or watching your buddies doing something stupid. Don't understand Yamaha's thinking a lot of times. I think a heated seat is nice when you're riding 200 miles a day on trails and you're not overly active. But on a mountain sled, not a lot of sense.

Premium Features