• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Bumper poll

New Bumper Design

• light weight but strong enough to lift.

Votes: 62 31.3%
  • Take my chances with stock

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Strong enough to deflect a tree might be 1-2 lb heavier

Votes: 123 62.1%
  • Who needs a bumper new hoods are cheap like 850.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raw aluminum

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Black

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Orange

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Green

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters
C
Nov 26, 2009
vt
I need one that will hold up to a pull by a sno bunjee. I have pulled out a nytro and bent it. I know there will be damage to the stock one if I keep it. Is it better to have a bumper that bends or a sturdy one that could do damage to the front End? The last part is a question.
bet if you go on the Yamaha forum there isn't a bunch of guys complaining about the bumpers.regardless of what the bumper looks like it has to be strong enough to pick-up/pull on while offering some protection.i guess it could be worse and have plastic bumpers like all the latest and greatest cars(road rage gets expensive with plastic bumpers):boxing:

S
Dec 20, 2007
Not to me, I've never hit ANYTHING.:face-icon-small-con

My take on bumpers is the same as it is on A arms. I want it to take a hit & BREAK, instead of breaking what's behind it. The LAST thing I want is a bumper so strong that it damages the bulkhead in the case of an impact, but itself is undamaged.

Strong enough to lift, but weak enough to fail IM(always humble)O.:D

I like that! That just about sums up life and sledding.

ronniehotdogg

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sled Armor is now also making a bare bones style proclimb bumper

it is the same shape our first bumper, with not top hoop, no front sheet metal,

We are at the Saskatoon snow show this weekend so I will get pics up next week.

Check out the original Sled Armor bumper at www.xxxmodrods.com

V

veritascs

Mar 11, 2011
Bozeman
ever-flow.net
as you can see he is just holding it in place, do you really think someone would build a bumper that would interfere with other functions.
I don't know, would you build a bumper that moves when you try to pick up the front of the sled?

Hahah JK, my friend who just got a M8 PC had this issue, he just had to tighten things up and the bumper was fine.

R
Aug 25, 2008
Sled Armor is now also making a bare bones style proclimb bumper

it is the same shape our first bumper, with not top hoop, no front sheet metal,

We are at the Saskatoon snow show this weekend so I will get pics up next week.

Check out the original Sled Armor bumper at www.xxxmodrods.com

Sure would love to see some pictures of that bumper. I can't make it to the Saskatoon show but I could ask someone else to pick one up for me if I knew what it looked like.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Unloaded my M8 out of the back of a truck yesterday. Hooped a tie down around the front bumper, the other end on the bucket of my tractor, and lifted it. No worse for wear or tear! That being said, I still bought the Cat sport bumper and put it on this morning. Mainly for a bit more protection for the front. I was pretty happy with how it attached to the sled. Like others have said, I'm not looking for a bumper to transfer all the impact into the bulkhead. I expect it to fail before the bulkhead will.

Can't believe how light the sport bumper was though. Felt about the same weight as the stocker.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
IMO the bumper I'll build, buy, or modify (like the cheap sport bumper) is mostly a grab bar to me but I'm glad it's a bumper when I need it LOL.

So for me it needs to extend at least another 4",s out and at least level with the top of the hood. It also has to have a little less bend at the snout. The problem for me with the Cat design (either one) is there is not enough room for my hands (even without gloves on) and the twist in my wrists is too much when lifting or pulling.
I don't lift my sled trying to curl my arms I lift my sled trying to dead lift, front or rear.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
IMO the bumper I'll build, buy, or modify (like the cheap sport bumper) is mostly a grab bar to me but I'm glad it's a bumper when I need it LOL.

So for me it needs to extend at least another 4",s out and at least level with the top of the hood. It also has to have a little less bend at the snout. The problem for me with the Cat design (either one) is there is not enough room for my hands (even without gloves on) and the twist in my wrists is too much when lifting or pulling.
I don't lift my sled trying to curl my arms I lift my sled trying to dead lift, front or rear.

Exactly !!! The one MMsports has about the best design so far.

Premium Features