• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Valdez - this years model vs last years model?

C
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary, AB
My wife wants to buy me a jacket for this season. There is about $100 difference in price between last years model vs this years model, here in Calgary. Is there a big difference between the two when looking at fit and finish? I am thinking last years model will be just fine? Any opinions would be appreciated if you have tried the two out...

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
I'm also looking at them for my boyfriend and was wondering about the difference.

Help!

Material wise, they seem quite similar to me. The Gore-tex is pretty similar. The 08's use a tech called Comfort Mapping. In some areas they've added more material, in others they shaved some. It's pretty neat tech, very similar to the butting of steel tubing where they shave weight where it's not needed, add where it is to increase tubing strength. Same goes for the Comfort Mapping, the areas where not as much heat is required is thinned, areas where heat is needed more is thickened.
I've had both jackets here. The main difference people find who have tried both have found is that the 07 has a nicer pocket setup, and some like the full black color of the 08 vs the mixed in grey of the 07. I can't say many compain about the function of past Valdez's. If you can find an 07, my reccomendation would be to pick one of them up and save some $$.

Cheers,
RK

Premium Features