• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

B&M Fab Skinny boards or Pro MTN with Racewerx rear bumper.

D
May 13, 2016
I have 2017 Mountain Cat with Racewerx rear bumper. I'ld like to change stock running boards for Skinny Boards or Pro MTN running boards. Is each of them will fit with my rear bumper?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The only issue I would see with the Pro Mtn boards is that they have a brace that goes back and rivets into the bottom side of the stock rear bumper. The racewerx bumper doesn't have anywhere for it to attach to so it would just hang there.

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Racewerx Running Boards

I ride a 2014 M8000. I run the Racewerx Front Bumper,Rear Bumper and Running Boards. I would recommend them highly. The quality and fit are excellent! :face-icon-small-hap

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I installed the skinnys on my girlfriends 16 m6000. We used the PRO MTN bumper and we had to cut it in order for the rear bumper to fit. The Racewerx design seems very similar to the car bumper so I am going to assume you have to cut it to make fit if you go with the B&M.

D
May 13, 2016
Thank's for info. The Racewerx's running boards are temporary unavailable on the Racewerx website. So my choice is between Pro MTN and B&M. What are the pros and cons for them?

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I can't say anything regarding the PRO MTN, but the B&M are of great quality. The welds, material, were all great on both pairs of boards I installed this year. If you do a search, you can find what others have said regarding the PRO MTN, and there doesn't seem to be any negatives besides the plastic cleats, but that is easily alleviated by using traction screws or the blocks by B&M.

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
I would say go with BM Fab if you want the best possible strength and quality and go with the MTN pro if you want to spend a bit less money with some scarifies in quality. That said, I went with the MTN pro's last year because I'm poor and have no regrets, best thing I've done to the '16. As stated above I used screws (just some normal sheet metal hex heads) instead of the plastic cleats and they work great. I can't speak for fitment with the racewerx bumper.

Last edited:
D
May 13, 2016
I know B&M Fab Skinny boards are good but too long for having a pair and the Pro MTN was in stock at my dealer and winter is started here. So i have bought the Pro MTN running boards. Less expensive vs the skinny's too. Thank's you for your help!!

Premium Features