• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What made the XM so much better than the XP?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Anyone whos rode 2012 XP side by side with the 2013 XM knows the difference is HUGE, handling wise of course.

What gave the XM the ability to hold a sidehill no problem and not fight constantly like the XP? I realize tmotion and flex edge were 2 of the huge changes, but is that really what made the difference? As we all know many are now deleting the tmotion on their new sleds and they feel its a hinderance. Makes me wonder if other changes were what REALLY effected the handling. Were there big changes to the front and rear suspension geometry in 2013?

I know the body work was totally redone but feel like that had very little to do with the overall new feel. Any thoughts?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The post forwards and upgrades, especially made on the later model ones with RAS2 suspension helped a ton. The T-motion has been and always will be a band-aid. They make a lot of subtle changes but the t-motion and flex edge track was what got all the credit even though Its far from what made the sled better.

Some of it is simple like better plastic transitions into the snow, new ski etc etc. All little 5-10% upgrades that added up to a WAY better sled.

The post forward IMO was one of the best mods, I out a major post forward system on an 08 XP (likr 4" relocate) and that puts it like the G4 is now so you could mount the bars inline with the post and it didn't try to launch you onto the hood when carving.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
The post forwards and upgrades, especially made on the later model ones with RAS2 suspension helped a ton. The T-motion has been and always will be a band-aid. They make a lot of subtle changes but the t-motion and flex edge track was what got all the credit even though Its far from what made the sled better.

Some of it is simple like better plastic transitions into the snow, new ski etc etc. All little 5-10% upgrades that added up to a WAY better sled.

The post forward IMO was one of the best mods, I out a major post forward system on an 08 XP (likr 4" relocate) and that puts it like the G4 is now so you could mount the bars inline with the post and it didn't try to launch you onto the hood when carving.

So the post got moved forward on the XM?

W
Dec 1, 2017
post forward

I just did an install of the C4 post forward kit on the weekend - pretty easy install! did the T-motion and front 36" last year...

so my 08 xp is not really an 08 anymore.

got my eye on the TSS pipe and can... suppose to be a huge upgrade to torque and HP and less weight....??? but at a $1,000!! :face-icon-small-con

my other wish list would be the belt drive chain case upgrade... but that's another 1000!

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
I just did an install of the C4 post forward kit on the weekend - pretty easy install! did the T-motion and front 36" last year...

so my 08 xp is not really an 08 anymore.

got my eye on the TSS pipe and can... suppose to be a huge upgrade to torque and HP and less weight....??? but at a $1,000!! :face-icon-small-con

my other wish list would be the belt drive chain case upgrade... but that's another 1000!

Forget the tss pipe, your better off getting a after market head, re jet, air box mod, clutch kit, and re gear, way better gains from all of that than getting the tss pipe.

Premium Features