• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

8 tooth drivers with pro gears

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has tried using stock pro (non axys) gears with 8 tooth 2.86 drivers. If I did my math correctly I believe it would gear it up slightly. stock being 2.2210 and pro gears with 8 tooth drivers would be 2.1825, would a person really notice they .038 difference in gearing?. Would the less rolling resistance and better approach angle make up for it. I am just looking at ideas for parts I have available. Thanks

Cheers.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Been running a set-up close to that since 2016.. on the Axys .
Dose not take long to figure out the shallow angle of the 7 drivers.. is not the correct formula- and Polaris easy fix for gearing down.
Easy swap from a pro ( entire driveshaft lower bolt needs to be addressed with HRP Bolts )

Gearing with TKI replacement QD system, 2.25/2.33./2.42 is a snap since they are based on 8 drivers.. 5 minute re-gearing- and more bite on the TKI Belt/gears than the Polaris QD system.- and a belt tensioner ( BONUS)
Approach angle is significantly flattened out and get ya on top of the snow quicker.. do it to all my clients sleds.

Yes, it's a bit tighter for snow evacuation- but the gains are worth the
( so called) ill effects...

Last edited:

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
Sage crusher thanks for the info. You haven't by chance tried stock pro gearing and driver's in an axys have you ? I know the axys makes more power and should be able to handle the slightly taller gearing. I just don't ow how much bottom end it will give up with said gearing installed. Thanks again

Cheers

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Sage crusher thanks for the info. You haven't by chance tried stock pro gearing and driver's in an axys have you ? I know the axys makes more power and should be able to handle the slightly taller gearing. I just don't ow how much bottom end it will give up with said gearing installed. Thanks again

Cheers

Stock drivers Yes Stock pro gearing,Not at all-
I wanted something better than the stock QD from Polaris-and able to re-gear as conditions changed.

Premium Features