• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BMFab bumper feedback

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
This should say How does BMFabrications bumpers hold up to an old washed up boon docking tree rubbing stump bumping rider. Well, the answer is surprising to me. They have held up excellent. This has been a rough winter for me lol. I think Ive "checked" the bark on more trees this winter than I have the last several combined. I just had a birthday, maybe thats telling me its getting to hard to keep up in the tight trees with the young "Kids" I ride with. Anyone that knows me, knows Ive gone through some bumpers in the last 5 years. So what is making these ones hold up so well? The front bumper I have from them has two tubes that drop down and tie into the belly, and one tube under the hood that goes under the pipe like a crossover brace. We have pushed, pulled and dragged this sled out of some nasty holes I shouldn't have been in and they still are intact and pretty straight. It doesn't flex when you pull on it and doesn't hurt your hands like my last one did (not naming brands). Im impressed with their text book looking welds, but to be honest, I don't expect my bumpers to look nice after the 1 ride. I need them to perform. Ive hit some stumps pretty hard and didn't break the tabs off that I did with my Pro and other bumpers. I think its the way they have it built. Anyone else having such good luck with their bumpers?
The rear bumper really strengthens the tunnel in the rear. It also follows the bottom sheetmetal and has good room for gloves if your lifting. Im sold. Thanks for making something that actually works! I wish my stock running boards could take such a beating lol.
1st pic I was using the bumper to lift the sled on my electric hoist, not sure thats advised, but neither bumper budged the many times Ive done it.
2nd pic isn't very good at how well it follows the bottom lib, maybe 4th pic is better?
3 & 6 pics of excellent welds. You get what you pay for with these guys.

IMG_7442.jpg IMG_7443.jpg IMG_7444.jpg IMG_7445.jpg IMG_7455.jpg IMG_7456.jpg IMG_7457.jpg

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Doesn't look riden yet..

Thanks, I cheated. when Im not breaking things Im good at touching it up lol. I guess I didn't show the pics of the a-arms, bumpers, rails and stickers Ive replaced or lugs Ive torn off. Im pretty good at touching up the paint too, unless your closer than 20 feet ;)
I usually don't show those pics of my mess ups, kind of like I don't post my own stuck pics everyone else does that for me lol.

IMG_7458.jpg IMG_7459.jpg IMG_7460.jpg IMG_7461.jpg IMG_7462.jpg

Last edited:

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
Another vote for them kicking ***. My wife's is tweaked, still functional, and will be replaced, but I'm actually happy to buy another.

With a factory bumper, I would have had to replace the entire front end of her sled.

Twice.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
My point is I haven't had to straighten the BM fab bumpers yet, so in my book I'm impressed. I think I need to take my stock running boards to my Chiropractor...maybe they can help;)

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska

This is an old post, but I had some PM's about the BMFab bumpers & running boards I thought I would share the answers.
Yes, I'm running the same bumpers again this year.
Yes, I'd sell my old "other brand" used bumpers
I still have the stock running boards and I haven't used the BMFab ones yet but really want too. After getting my foot stuck last year on the stock ones I should have done it then, but like a dummy Im ordering more engine mods.
Anyone else have such good experiences with BMFab?
Great guys that build here in the USA and ride sleds hardcore.

Last edited:

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Just installed their boards, but have yet to ride with them sadly.. Thinking of going to their rear bumper as well. Installed the Polaris had rear bumper, but the fit is so tight between the handle tube and snow flap, you struggle to get a hand in there with a glove on it.. At least the BM Fab bumper is pulled back, and up a ways. Makes it easier to do the work that needs done..

6227ACE0-5BA1-4B84-BC40-0E290A5E54B1.jpg 8C802AB9-957E-4D14-8861-F7B6C6A51765.jpg

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
With the amount of trauma you've caused the innocent trees of the UP I'm surprised any bumper could hold up! This particular setup has made me a believer of BMs products, while my pile of "cheap" bent and broken bumpers has begun to fill my scrap barrel you have yet to even bend one.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Just installed their boards, but have yet to ride with them sadly.. Thinking of going to their rear bumper as well. Installed the Polaris had rear bumper, but the fit is so tight between the handle tube and snow flap, you struggle to get a hand in there with a glove on it.. At least the BM Fab bumper is pulled back, and up a ways. Makes it easier to do the work that needs done..

Nice looking boards! From the top you can really see how they empty the snow. Did you order them that color or do it yourself?
How long did it take to install?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Love my BM fab bumpers. The welds are gorgeous on their stuff.

Had a run in with a large tree last year that would have likely been a total- lots of body pieces and a pipe for sure. Slightly bent the bumper, tabs look good.

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I completely agree with everyone else their bumpers take a beating and come back for more. I am not the best rider and I hit more trees, logs, stumps, rocks and tumbled-rolled-endo’d down more mountains that i care to admit. I am going on my third season with the axys bumpers and its still straight as the day I got them. I have bent-broken 5 zbroz a-arms 1 stock spindle and 1 zbroz spindle yet I’m on my same front bumper. Outside of some paint scratches and chips it’s still straight as new.
7ce296becd1ef9d6acf2e8709f2dae20.jpg
02321b0559dee893932a510a0a92612c.jpg
4c217b7ea795be293301d3850a90ba57.jpg
57b873653a207b62c4bdafc5deb30641.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Nice looking boards! From the top you can really see how they empty the snow. Did you order them that color or do it yourself?
How long did it take to install?

Nope that was colour matched from BM, was spot on.
Install was pretty straight forward. Scariest part was cutting the stock hoop in the footwell. Once that was cut/cleaned up, went slick. I'd heavily recommend a rivet tool that's up the the task, 18" handle kind of deal. Makes it go SO much easier lol. If I had to guess, taking your time, 3 hours-ish? Second set was definitely quicker.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Nope that was colour matched from BM, was spot on.
Install was pretty straight forward. Scariest part was cutting the stock hoop in the footwell. Once that was cut/cleaned up, went slick. I'd heavily recommend a rivet tool that's up the the task, 18" handle kind of deal. Makes it go SO much easier lol. If I had to guess, taking your time, 3 hours-ish? Second set was definitely quicker.

Sounds easy enough. The footwell impingement is being talked about more and more by riders I know that have been stuck. I should have measured the difference between my Pro's and the Axys before I sold it. The Axys does a pretty good job of evacuating snow for stock, does this one work that much better? The foot well alone is reason enough to consider them...

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
The footwell is no longer an Issue with the B&M/ going on my 2nd year with these. Holds up really well- You still get that nasty snow buildup from the rear and it creeps forward, but with the design of the Polaris cooling- it's apparent it's not the boards fault.
I would buy and install them - and never think about geting your leg hung up again.

Boards.jpg

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Sounds good, now maybe I can leave this post open where my wife can see it and hopefully she knows Im not picky for Christmas.... Id take red or black BMFab boards:eyebrows:

Last edited:
Premium Features