• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody inspect their track after fully clipping for a season?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
This track now has 800 miles on it, it had 500 miles before I fully clipped it. There is a large number of "slices" behind and to the side of each window where I added a new clip to the track. It's ONLY next to the clips that I added, and I'd guesstimate its next to approximately 50% of them but only on the left side of the track. Makes me wonder if by clipping it added stress and stiffness to the track, where it's meant to bend but can't so it started peeling. OR is the track digging into maybe the back of the rail or elsewhere?

20171123_230219[1].jpg 20171123_230229[1].jpg

Last edited:

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Dude quit ridin the roads at home ..

But in reality that sucks that the clipped ones still do it .. is your track to tbe Polaris Rubber Band Spec ??

Stock 7 Tooth Driver?

Does look like the Paddle is twisting

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I have about the same miles on my track after I clipped it and I show no wear from the clips...but I will start watching for it, this is the first case I've seen and its riley strange its only on 1 side ..... maybe just a defective track??

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I have about the same miles on my track after I clipped it and I show no wear from the clips...but I will start watching for it, this is the first case I've seen and its riley strange its only on 1 side ..... maybe just a defective track??

I was poking fun but that is for sure what that's from !

We see it all the time flat land riding usally on a banana peel track the lugs are all chewed up and most missing from the edge of the road not being real friendly to a soft rubber track .. should see what chisel plowed fields do to them !!! Looks like the bus dropping kids off !!

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I was poking fun but that is for sure what that's from !

We see it all the time flat land riding usally on a banana peel track the lugs are all chewed up and most missing from the edge of the road not being real friendly to a soft rubber track .. should see what chisel plowed fields do to them !!! Looks like the bus dropping kids off !!

Lol this sled doesn't have a mile on it in the state i live in...

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
TTT since there's been a lot of talk about tracks... im having issues seeing the pics now, but nobody else has seen this??

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Is it possible that you are clipping them too tight? I understand the stock clips on the non lugged windows are super tight. But I know when I was clipping mine it doesn't quite clip them too tight from the get go then I have to use another tool to get it tighter. I left mine kind of looser and they haven't fell off yet. Maybe that will be enough to protect the track from the slides/rail but enough to keep it loose if the track needs to twist or something. I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Is it possible that you are clipping them too tight? I understand the stock clips on the non lugged windows are super tight. But I know when I was clipping mine it doesn't quite clip them too tight from the get go then I have to use another tool to get it tighter. I left mine kind of looser and they haven't fell off yet. Maybe that will be enough to protect the track from the slides/rail but enough to keep it loose if the track needs to twist or something. I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

I know exactly what you're talking about, the clips I added were definitely NOT as tight as the stock clips, but I too have not had one come off. You can kind of tell in the pics too that the clips I added (the ones next to the tear) are "looser".

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
We have had great success using the guided clips and putting the guides on the outside so the track stays more centered. Not saying this has anything to do with your problem but we are not seeing this kind of damage. Are you sure you did not have a broken scratcher make those little rips in the track?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Havent broke a scratcher or anything. I guess something could have gotten wedged in there but it seems awfully odd that the only tears are where i added a clip.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I know its just driving me nuts trying to understand why its just 1 side though!!!!

If my theories correct and clipping it caused this, The breeze hit the nail on the head lol. I ride with him, and im sure he can vouch that i spend 95% of my riding sidehilling tight tree lines in the UP on the left side while he trys to keep up!

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
If my theories correct and clipping it caused this, The breeze hit the nail on the head lol. I ride with him, and im sure he can vouch that i spend 95% of my riding sidehilling tight tree lines in the UP on the left side while he trys to keep up!

Lol, while he is trying to keep up. Burn! Lol

Premium Features