• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

141" track convert to 3.0"?

B
Jan 27, 2008
Hey guys, just picked up a 91 indy sport GT with the 141x2.52" Track. There are no tracks available in this size that I can find and the old track is in desperate need of replacement/bigger lugs. I will be using this machine as the early/late season beater, keeping the tough miles off the Pro and the 2.3" track. Can I get 3" drives for this sled to run a 1.6 cobra from a cat? Can I get away with a 144"x2.52" with the tensioner maxed out and maybe some bigger rear idlers? Thoughts Gentlemen?

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Not sure what is available for hex style drivers in 3" pitch but Wahl makes 7 tooth 2.52 pitch drivers that work out to a 5.5" diameter. Using those I was able to install a 1.75" track on an old Indy Lite. Could've maybe squeezed a 2" lug track in there too........

Best to measure what clearance you have now & do the math to see what combinations will fit.

As for length you could look into rail extensions or possibly an offset / large wheel axle kit.

Hey guys, just picked up a 91 indy sport GT with the 141x2.52" Track. There are no tracks available in this size that I can find and the old track is in desperate need of replacement/bigger lugs. I will be using this machine as the early/late season beater, keeping the tough miles off the Pro and the 2.3" track. Can I get 3" drives for this sled to run a 1.6 cobra from a cat? Can I get away with a 144"x2.52" with the tensioner maxed out and maybe some bigger rear idlers? Thoughts Gentlemen?

B
Jan 27, 2008
Thanks, there is a 141 x 2" yami track for sale on kijiji. I thought about cutting it down to whatever fits and using it. not a whole lotta power in the 440 to worry about, the track is in pretty rough shape but better than the original.

B
Dec 4, 2014
Spokane, WA

Could also potentially go with sliding the skid back to accommodate the 144" track.

Premium Features