• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installing Tether Switch - 2003 RMK 700

A
Dec 11, 2007
I am installing a tether kill switch on my old RMK, so I can safely let newbies ride it.

To save me the trial and error to figure it out, can someone tell me which wires control the premium setting and which control the ignition?

I figure I will just hard wire it for premium unless somebody has a better idea.

Thanks.

A
Dec 11, 2007
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that as the last time I installed a tether was because the key broke off in the ignition switch and I just changed it out.

No, I don't have a wiring diagram. If you could supply a link to one that would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

B
Dec 4, 2014
Spokane, WA
Your tether should just be in parallel with the red stop switch on your handlebars.
Not the key switch.....

He can wire off of either one. The key switch and the kill switch are parallel from the factory.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that as the last time I installed a tether was because the key broke off in the ignition switch and I just changed it out.

No, I don't have a wiring diagram. If you could supply a link to one that would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

http://cdn.polarisindustries.com/polaris/common/parts-manuals/9917058r01.pdf

Last edited:
Premium Features