• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Bumper poll

New Bumper Design

• light weight but strong enough to lift.

Votes: 62 31.3%
  • Take my chances with stock

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Strong enough to deflect a tree might be 1-2 lb heavier

Votes: 123 62.1%
  • Who needs a bumper new hoods are cheap like 850.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raw aluminum

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Black

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Orange

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Green

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Bumpers

They are holding up good not collecting snow.
401103_3163514376309_1518859045_32981336_151548677_n.jpg

Boostfreak

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2002
Lander, Wyoming
Got mine the other day, wow can't believe how light it feels! Looks really good too! Hopefully get sled back from dealer tonight so i can put it on! Trees be ware!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Chris6060

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2009
Fort St. John, British Columbia
After a tree under the snow punched a hole through my air intake plenum the size of a fist, I'll only be running a Racewerx bumper now. After seeing all the bumpers I don't see one that would offer the protection that would have stopped my air intake from getting a hole in it from any other bumper.

SledBC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 7, 2001
Kitimat, BC
www.sledbc.com
After a tree under the snow punched a hole through my air intake plenum the size of a fist, I'll only be running a Racewerx bumper now. After seeing all the bumpers I don't see one that would offer the protection that would have stopped my air intake from getting a hole in it from any other bumper.

Pulled my racewerx mountain bumper off my 12, had the handle and skid plates powdercoated white and bolted it on my 14. Best money spent on my sled so far. It's tough, light and looks amazing.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
MMsports bumper is great. Light, well built, no snow build up, great protection, looks great on the sled (personally think it looks better in person then some of the pics) and seems strong (hopefully never have to test that :face-icon-small-hap).

High Life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW Montana
Unloaded my M8 out of the back of a truck yesterday. Hooped a tie down around the front bumper, the other end on the bucket of my tractor, and lifted it. No worse for wear or tear! That being said, I still bought the Cat sport bumper and put it on this morning. Mainly for a bit more protection for the front. I was pretty happy with how it attached to the sled. Like others have said, I'm not looking for a bumper to transfer all the impact into the bulkhead. I expect it to fail before the bulkhead will.

Can't believe how light the sport bumper was though. Felt about the same weight as the stocker.

Believe it or not, its actually LIGHTER than the stock bumper. It's only like a couple ounces lighter so its basically the same weight as stock. I think what makes it so light is that is aluminum- I think the stock one might be steel/pot metal. I like it because it's cheap, light, and does a decent job of protecting the front of the sled. The downsides are that it doesn't appear to have the highest quality welds and I noticed it carried more snow than I would like on a trip this winter, first time it ever did so. Had to repair 2 welds on it, hence why I now know it's aluminum.

I agree, rather have the bumper fail on impact than the bulkhead.

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
Even without the bumper the front end on those things are stronger than they look, during the demo ride last spring I hit a good size (4-5 inch) tree head-on while sidehilling up through some trees. I thought for sure I was buying a new front end for the thing....broke the tree clean off and didn't do anything to the plastic...I hope they all hold up like that.

Hmmmm... I hit a tree once with a much more expensive outcome.

Premium Features