• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SSI TEAM Pro Mag Weight Bushing Replacement

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Does anybody know how to replace the bushings on the TEAM Pro Mag Weights?

I've got a buddy with a 16 LTD M8000 with the SSI Pro Mag adjustable weights and the bushings in them are all thrashed. Can you replace them with the ones Speedwerx sells? I assumed this was the case, but am kind of second guessing now and want to make sure. I have a little punch that I bought to use on my 16 Axys weights for the TEAM Tied clutch and replaced those with no problem - tried it yesterday on one of the SSI pro mags and seemed it didn't want to push the one out, or it wasn't the same diameter. BUT, I'm not so sure it isn't the right size, and my problem may be that the wear on the bushing appeared to shift the center of hole to one direction and I think my punch was catching an edge of the cam weight hole.

I'm just looking for someone with some experience with these. Emailed SSI, but hoping someone else has gone through this. I searched forums with no luck so far finding any useful info on them. Any help is much appreciated.

R
Not sure about the Team ProMag weights, but SLP used the bushing in the MTX weights(the rivot weights), if memory serves me. They had a little steel tool that pushed them out no problem and pushed new ones in easily, I had it at one time.

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Thanks for the info - I have that tool for my TEAM clutch on my Axys, but was having some issues when I tried it on these weights, but I think it was just off center as the bushings wore out to one side. I'll try again when I have more time or find something else that works.

FYI for anyone else looking, I was able to order the bushings direct from BDX/SSI over the phone as they don't carry them on their website. Erich responded to my email within a few hours of sending it, much appreciated!

Premium Features