• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sledders take action to remove clutter left by camping climbers

S
Feb 12, 2008
Soap Lake, WA
baker006-1.jpg

baker007.jpg

Oh look whats in this bag?

baker008.jpg

To our surprise 2 fuel bottles, a fork, wipes and the bio bag (without deposit) amongst other things left by climbers packed out by sledders.

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Good job..Show that to the ranger.I hiked there last summer and was amazed by the amount of garbage the hikers leave up there.They definately don't practice what they preach!!

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Monday clean up should be fun...there is a HUGE group camping between Peanut and Hood Hill...must be a mountaineeing course. Counted 41 hiking up on a rope line.

Cant wait to see the mess they leave behind!! :mad:

Looks like the Baker Clean Up will be happening early this year!! :rolleyes:

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
agreed, sledders aren't the only slobs.... however, I picked up beer cans and cig butts left on hood yesterday... I'm guessing that wasn't from the hikers!

that bio bag being left is nasty - more natural to not use the darn bag!

J
Apr 11, 2008
North Bend , WA
no sheet, no pun intended!! dig a hole take crap!! that is some f'n perverted thinking right there!!
agreed, sledders aren't the only slobs.... however, I picked up beer cans and cig butts left on hood yesterday... I'm guessing that wasn't from the hikers!

that bio bag being left is nasty - more natural to not use the darn bag!

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Actually,those bio bags are REQUIRED if you are above where the snow never melts.Like up on the glaicer.If you just dig a hole and go up there it never decomposes and will be there for a VERY long time.When I was hiking up there last summer I talked to the ranger about it after I saw one of those bags,I didn't understand why you had to have them.It is a hefty fine(I think he said $500 if I remember right)If you don't use them up on the glaicer.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
no sheet, no pun intended!! dig a hole take crap!! that is some f'n perverted thinking right there!!

That is not what you do in the snow. As the snow melts in the spring, it all gets exposed. Pack it in, pack it out, in heavily used areas. That or get to soil.

dang.. AA/AT you beat me to it. Good post.

There is the same issue on small islands with sea kayakers too.

Last edited:
S
Feb 12, 2008
Soap Lake, WA
Actually,those bio bags are REQUIRED if you are above where the snow never melts.Like up on the glaicer.If you just dig a hole and go up there it never decomposes and will be there for a VERY long time.When I was hiking up there last summer I talked to the ranger about it after I saw one of those bags,I didn't understand why you had to have them.It is a hefty fine(I think he said $500 if I remember right)If you don't use them up on the glaicer.

yeah no popooin on the Glacier.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Well, you do have to crap now and then. As an ex climber crap has always been a problem, now we can hop on a machine and buzz down to the trees,but if you spent all day climbing to hood hill you go where you can. I have had to haul it in a bucket up the side of El Capitan(a small cliff in Yosemite National Park) I dare any one to haul 8 days of $hit with you. Glad you folks are picking up their chit:beer;

Premium Features