• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is this homemade can or BD can?

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Purchased a BD from a guy in Colorado last week and almost have it put on. I can't for the life of me get everything sitting right to have the bottom panel screwed to the foot loop, which means my side panel won't mount correctly. I'm finding out that the can and the spring loop for the can is pushing out. He said he has the updated TiAL Exhaust. All the can's I've seen from BD are square, so my question is: is this BD can or is it some homemade POS?:juggle:

IMG_3894 (1).jpg IMG_3895 (1).jpg IMG_3896 (1).jpg IMG_3897 (1).jpg IMG_3898 (2).jpg

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
That sure does NOT look like the tunnel dump on my 15 or my buddies 14, ours are more squared off and angular. I have never seen a set up like that, I am not saying it didn’t come from Boondocker but we have had 4 setups and none had a muffler like that.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
To me the can and welding looks like it Was created by somebody doing many over and over vs just one.

What year is your sled? Maybe the kit is for a pro rmk and yours is an axys?

Does anybody know if that boondocker muffler/tunnel dump actually muffles or is It more of a straight pipe into the tunnel?

On a side note, how is the tunnel dump for noise? My turbo pro was a straight pipe, then I made a small muffler for it but it's too loud still :/ anybody else find them loud still with the tunnel dump? Wear ear plugs still?

Last edited:

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
To me the can and welding looks like it Was created by somebody doing many over and over vs just one.

What year is your sled? Maybe the kit is for a pro rmk and yours is an axys?

Does anybody know if that boondocker muffler/tunnel dump actually muffles or is It more of a straight pipe into the tunnel?

On a side note, how is the tunnel dump for noise? My turbo pro was a straight pipe, then I made a small muffler for it but it's too loud still :/ anybody else find them loud still with the tunnel dump? Wear ear plugs still?

Mine a ‘14 Pro and I was with him when it came off his ‘14 Pro. He said it comes with updated TiAL exhaust with external wastegate. I thought the muffler was odd looking at first and thought it was the new muffler that TiAL/boondockers has, but now I see why I was scratching my head. Just found out he had to trim plastic, unfortunately he had all plastic off except center console when I got to his place, so I didn’t get to see the homemade molding.

Gotta Love buying used $hit.

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Ah, glad to hear you have it all solved now. Let me know once she's going how the sound level is with the tunnel dump whether you figure you need ear plugs or not.

Premium Features