• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Frogzskin Adhesive

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
What are you guys using for adhesive when installing Frogzskin for venting for turbos? This will be for installing on stock intake on hood and in the future up on exterior of hood around center console and headlights.

Is Vohk still putting the Frogzskin on the cold air intake? Would it be the same adhesive for hood and cold air intake?

Cold Air Intake 2.jpg Cold Air Intake.jpg

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
man I would love to know the answer to that also as over the years I have tried a number of things... silicone-3m double sided permanent adhesive tape-superglue-the right stuff/gasket maker-taping off the clawing and frog skin and spraying 3m contact glue all of witch hade no comparison to what frog skin uses on the premade kits/precuts! the best I have found is cutting a solid aluminum backer cutout bending it in to shape sealing in-between all layers with the right stuff and riveting it on! lots of work and adds ounces to the sled not to mention you get to look at those sexy rivet heads forever :D ! I hope some one has an answer as I keep a sheet/yard of it on hand in the shop at all times!

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Email reply from Frogzskin

Thanks for your email and interest in our product.

We do not sell our adhesive because our process is patented. Therefore you would need to try different glues or such to see what works best. We cannot recommend anything as we do not know what glue or glues work best as we don't always know what type of surface it is being applied to. However, some customers have said that Elmer's Spray Adhesive has worked well. If you would like a small sample piece to experiment with, please send me an address.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
its a bummer that they know what works great! but wont sell it to us and then continue to say that they cant recommend anything as they don't know what glue or glues work best? :( ? it isn't like we are asking for a detailed sheet of their "patented proses" just the GLUE lol.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
E6000 glue. I swear I use the stuff on everything. Takes a day to fully setup and just a small bead of it or it won't look good

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I thought I tried that E6000 industrial but cant find an open tube in the shop just a new one. found an open goop and goop 2 and both failed in the cold when the arrear was flexed/bent it started coming up and its all down hill from their but my bud wants to frogskin in front his intercooler on a new sidewinder and ill give it a try! thanks

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I've never had E6000 fail in cold weather. I've used it on frogzskins material where the oem adhesive had failed

Premium Features