• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Premium Feature: Snowest's "SpotMe"

Brian

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Ogden, UT
This SnoWest feature is supported for all of our Premium Members.
If you are not yet a Premium Member, this is just ONE of many additional features your upgraded membership includes.

gen3_quickview_lg.jpg

https://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=100

<iframe src="https://www.snowest.com/forum/spothelp.php" width="100%" height="650" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Example of what SnoWest will post in REAL TIME as you upload waypoints directly from your Snowmobile over the course of your ride!
Every time you press the Message button on your SPOT, a new waypoint will be added to the live map!

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Great Opportunity for Search and Rescue

Question if you hit the help button will it post that up here as well? Honestly that might be the best feature snowest can have. Just think if someone hit this help button you could potentially reach a much bigger rescue effort by the people on the forums. If a few guys see that cry for help you can bet more than one person will be on the phone organizing a rescue effort. I can see this being a big help to us.

Check out this scenario. I know there are times when most of my group that I put down for help will be with me riding. My wife at home see’s a help message but there is no way for her to come help. She tries a few people that she knows can help but can’t reach them either. She knows I need help but can’t find anyone available. Obviously she can call search and rescue but in the moment of panic she forgets and now my group and I are standing thinking people are coming to help but in reality there is no one coming.

Now just think if a help message is sent to the Snowest forum. Now hundreds of people see that and start a massive phone chain that sets in a huge rescue effort to help that group that is in trouble. Honestly I think this could be a potentially a better search and rescue effort from the forums than the actual search and rescue could provide. Now if the troubled party needs a helicopter or are in a serious life threatening situation then the 911 button could and should be used but if that is not needed what could be more help than a bunch of guys that know the local areas than the guys on this forum.

When that button is pushed that could also start a new thread as well as send out a private message and a text if possible to those on the forums. I may not be on the forums all the time but my private messages do go to my email. Many people now have iphones or whatever and get email on the phone too so they could be in the vicinity of the problem and help much quicker than the guys that are in the valley on their computers. Or those that don’t have email could get a text giving location information to in that text. Someone might get a text and be 5 minutes away or in some case might even get the text while riding a few ridges over and can be there within a few minutes.

Sorry my mind is racing at this great possibility that has just been created. Please look into this and get back with all of us because this could potentially be the best search and rescue product available.

Just think if a few guys on the hill could get a text or email are whatever and could get help within 5 minutes rather than waiting for a bunch of guys to load up and drive 45 minutes to the location and then start the search.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
While we are not yet ready to announce anything, this is only the FIRST STEP in what we have planned for the SPOT.

We need to get this part up and running FULLY debugged, before we can move onto Phase Two of this project.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
While we are not yet ready to announce anything, this is only the FIRST STEP in what we have planned for the SPOT.

We need to get this part up and running FULLY debugged, before we can move onto Phase Two of this project.

That is good to hear. This feature might bring a lot more suscribers to snowest if it is played right. Could be a huge benefit.

C

ClimbHigh

Dec 4, 2009
Nampa, Idaho
Spot Me

Just checked out test that you did Brian, that is way cool. I really like how you can zoom in with the google earth and follow the direction traveled.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Christopher,
The fees along with the price of the unit are a bit steep. The track feature that it shows on the box requires an extra 50/year in addition to the basic fee. My activation for two years is now over 346.00! thats with a 15% discount. Snowest needs to have group pricing for the subscription. They have some roadside assistance and that is an additional 60.oo they say starting at 20 but only the boat feature is that.

Personally I think it is over priced and I own one now.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There are some huge discounts available out there.
We need to do some hunting and find some of their PROMO CODES that get you some of the goodies for HALF or FREE.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
So what else does a guy need? I see the $99 a year, but is that all i need to take part in the track me on here and also be able to check-in with the wife at home and let her know im good when in the backcountry. Do I need to buy the Track Progress too? Also is there any promo codes out there for any of the other feature that spot has?

I have never had one, but plan on having for the upcoming season. I could use some help on this my friends.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Last edited:
Premium Features