• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt residue on the inside of clutches, urgent :)

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I check my sled on a regular basis, every 3 rides or so, but I have never seen this weird belt residue before. Is this something I should worry about? Any quick insight appreciated, I am going sledding in 1.5h thank you

lLdo0FH.jpg

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Like he said... The belt has been slipping in the primary. The clutch sheaves need cleaned and de-glazed. The belt doesnt very good either. Take a close look at it and make sure you dont have any cords pulling out.

You may have broken a primary spring too. Something is allowing it to fully shift out but but your loosening belt grip at the same time.

I would clean both clutches and check everything over. Bushings, rollers, helix, springs. If the springs have more then 1000 miles on them just replace them.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Snow melting and water dripping on the clutches.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
it turned out the spring was broken :) I replaced it and everything is fine. This is second spring this seasons!!! it is SLP orange spring, is this common?

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
well, I did not ask them, but as I am in Europe it probably does not make sense to warranty a 30$ item. The previous spring also broke around 200 miles mark!! So this is not normal? The spring is orange and the sled has about 300 miles in total

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well, I did not ask them, but as I am in Europe it probably does not make sense to warranty a 30$ item. The previous spring also broke around 200 miles mark!! So this is not normal? The spring is orange and the sled has about 300 miles in total
Generally no they should not break, especially that fast. But this is a common trait of the high engagement springs especially if run without delrin washers under the spring to help prevent coil bind.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I got 1,400+miles on one spring before i sold the sled. And 1,000 miles on current sled. So, no its not normal for SLP springs.

Hopefully the company supplying u the springs is informing SLP. If they do not know there is an issue, they cannot correct it.

Alpha Cat......

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
it turned out the spring was broken :) I replaced it and everything is fine. This is second spring this seasons!!! it is SLP orange spring, is this common?

Ding, Ding, Ding! What do I win?

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
I had a SLP Green/pink primary spring break last season at approximately 300 miles, and SLP coverd it under “good will” warranty for me. Good company to deal with!

Premium Features