• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ctec bog

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
2018 mountain cat 800

Seems to have a slight hesitation or bog when driving 1/4 throttle or less then stabbing it pass that 1/4 throttle to 1/2 throttle it kind of bog or have a hesitation.

Is this due to the more oil/ fuel added during break in or is it due to the dual injector set up?
Sled has 200miles on it
Anyone else feel this?

S
Nov 5, 2014
2018 mountain cat 800

Seems to have a slight hesitation or bog when driving 1/4 throttle or less then stabbing it pass that 1/4 throttle to 1/2 throttle it kind of bog or have a hesitation.

Is this due to the more oil/ fuel added during break in or is it due to the dual injector set up?
Sled has 200miles on it
Anyone else feel this?
How many hours?
If yours over 10 hrs it should be outta breakin.

When it was on breakin it bogs alot.
That all clears up, great throttle response and it doesn't skip a beat.

However some guys are having bogging issues for a different reason.
There is also a gap in the intake screens, sleds are sucking snow in and causing it to bog.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
How many hours?
If yours over 10 hrs it should be outta breakin.

When it was on breakin it bogs alot.
That all clears up, great throttle response and it doesn't skip a beat.

However some guys are having bogging issues for a different reason.
There is also a gap in the intake screens, sleds are sucking snow in and causing it to bog.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Not sure on how many hours I won’t know till
Next Tuesday I’m at work ATM

Where is the gap in the intake screens?

Sleddogg

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Dayton, WY
Not sure on how many hours I won’t know till
Next Tuesday I’m at work ATM

Where is the gap in the intake screens?
Right here. A friend of mine taped them up and it worked great. I've heard silicone too. That was in super deep powder though
342c3cbda1ad6fd77adb8d11bd5ce6da.jpg
573524d9b62d2dd87d1f6222cd76741f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I also have that low speed bog sometimes it's hard enough it will almost put you over the bars, my bog is from 4 to 5500 rpm and I live at 1500 ft. My dealer is talking with cat and they keep telling me to add more clutch weight to move it out of my driving range. I'm not a rocket scientist but you could add pounds and if the motor hesitates clutch weight won't help. If anybody finds anything please share.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
I have the same thing going on. Just a very minor hesitation. My brother has the same exact sled set up identically and his does not do it on the same day so its not a powder bog. It seems like once the power valves open it does not do it so I'm leaning towards it being a power valve out of adjustment but havent had time to check to see if they are within spec.

GBrown

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
I have the same thing going on. Just a very minor hesitation. My brother has the same exact sled set up identically and his does not do it on the same day so its not a powder bog. It seems like once the power valves open it does not do it so I'm leaning towards it being a power valve out of adjustment but havent had time to check to see if they are within spec.

Not saying this is your problem, but on the other bog thread several people mentioned their PV cables were out of spec from the factory. Mine were out by about 2mm as well.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I bought my 18 early release last year. No issues what so ever with aftermarket can. This year put a turbo on it and big stumble before the turbo kicked in. Put in new plugs still last seasons gas and seemed to be better. Need another day with fresh plugs and fresh gas before I'll be convinced its gone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Silber. No complaints about the kit though. Justin has been easy to reach for any questions I've had so far.

S
Dec 7, 2018
Thanks for the replies guys! I have done some ajustments on the sled and worked with the dealer but the bog is still there. The dealer told me that every sled they tried after that had the same issue. Like you said, it's a mapping issue.They finaly told me that if Cat throw out a new mapping for the fire in a flame exhaust it may fix the bog.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Silber. No complaints about the kit though. Justin has been easy to reach for any questions I've had so far.

my input it is a cat map problem not silber issue. as it is before the boost engagement.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
It's an early release 18 and had no bog at all last season. Put nearly 800 miles on last season with no engine issues. The only change this year was the turbo. So, I believe that it has something to do with fuel, plugs, air leaks, or clutching. So, added 2 grams, went thru my turbo and fixed any potential air leaks, and filled with fresh gas and 1 gallon of avgas. Riding on Saturday so we shall see.

K
Dec 4, 2018
Same issies

I also have that low speed bog sometimes it's hard enough it will almost put you over the bars, my bog is from 4 to 5500 rpm and I live at 1500 ft. My dealer is talking with cat and they keep telling me to add more clutch weight to move it out of my driving range. I'm not a rocket scientist but you could add pounds and if the motor hesitates clutch weight won't help. If anybody finds anything please share.

Had this happen today. I have put a stage 2 speedwerx kit on it. Sometimes it Absolutely rips. But then when I try to full throttle from idle it's stutters and stays at 5500 will not go any higher. If I let off and ease into it then it will rev to 8200. I have added 1.8 grams to weights may add some more. Not sure if it's a detonation protection or what the deal is. Anybody know? It's a 2018 m8000.

Premium Features