• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DREAM TRAILER: 2019 Mirage project trailer

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Any of the composite lumbers are all super heavy. So it must be something different. And they are super slippery in the winter, especially after they get polished up a bit.

As for the road slop, it looks like it has a mini fender above the tire, and the boards are perpendicular to the direction the spray would be coming. So my hunch is that it might work out just fine. Interested to find out. Let us know, please, Christopher.

Super heavy in that size of trailer adds what maybe a couple hundred pounds?

And if they are slippery would they just act as ski slides then? Then maybe just add some traction for the sled tracks if that was an issue. Or maybe is coated like that Black lumber is.

I might be more cynical on road spray being here in MN with all the chemicals they put on our roads. I forget that those are not used everyplace in the winter.

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
I suppose the WEIGHT of the generator would be an issue as well as the Uphill Fuel feed line??

Two work trailers had 5k Yamaha generators in the nose area of the gooseneck. Pain in the a$$ to fuel, but honestly it was awesome. One side was the generator and the other side was the compressor and a little bit of storage.

We then closed off the inside so we couldn't stack as much crap up in the the front where we had to climb up and shimmy around. Only four feet deep so we stack a few boxes but could still reach them from the floor.

Yes this is my daily poke to get a gooseneck.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
That's an interesting decking design. Looks like a composite type lumber. What I don't understand is what keeps the road crap from coming up through the slats in that?

It is sheet metal that is bent in that shape and then welded onto the frame rails. It is light as heck but still pretty strong

powdrdaz

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
The remote start would be great. I looked into this when I built my trailer but the price they want for the generator was more then I wanted to pay. Also I was told they are not as quiet

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
A little Honda 2000 in an upper cupboard works just fine. Seen it done in more then 1 sled trailer. One of them had the door on the end cupboard, this allowed you to slide it in from the end.

Will you even get to use this trailer this winter? Seems odd to be starting this build now.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Meanwhile, while I await this next prototype from Mirage I bought myself something just to get me by....
911cc74d9686f109e75cadecd2537926.jpg

So how did the mini trailer work out?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So how did the mini trailer work out?

Actually worked out very nicely for COOKE CITY.
When we arrived friday night the place was absolutely PACKED.
Had to unhitch the little trailer and park it by itself just to make it fit in front of another trailer and park the truck across the street.

While I TOTALLY MISSED being able to melt out the sled Saturday Night so she would be clean and Ice Free for Sunday, given how tight everything is in Cooke, having the little trailer was very welcome!!

There is absolutely room in my life for two VERY different sled trailers.

One of these days I also want to try a SLED DECK !!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is where we are currently at

RAILER FLOOR IMAGE

#1. Dual high quality deep cycle batteries

#2. Caliber Edge Glides to cover the joint in the rear ramp where it attaches to trailer
Not needed on front ramp
(unable to illustrate on floor plan as no outline of rear ramp, see attached photo as example)

#3. Caliber Edge Glides to cover the bottom of the ramp where it touches the ground.
Not needed on front ramp
(unable to illustrate on floor plan as no outline of rear ramp, see attached photo as example)

#4. Caliber Low Profile Grip Guides from bottom of rear ramp to front of trailer.
(see attached photo from previous Mirage trailer as example)

#5. Caliber TRAX Grabber for Rear Ramp

#6. There are two different types of tie-downs in the floor. The “Surface Mount” ones in the middle of the trailer are WORTHLESS. They rip right out of the floor when put under any load.
All 6 tie downs in trailer should be your “Flush HD D-Ring”.

#7 Hard Plastic cover over dual Propane tanks, “LP 30# Tank Covers (Black) Plastic”

#8 Is it possible to have a few more marker lights on the trailer sides for Night Driving?
Both sides of trailer, along bottom edge and roof line?

#9 One of your trailer salesman made a really interesting comment about nighttime backing up of the trailer. I mentioned that its a Bear to back a long trailer at night in poor conditions.
He suggested mounting a couple of the LED Load lights down low on the trailer at an angle pointing downward to light up the Tires and the rear corners on both sides, so that when looking in the side mirrors you could actually SEE where the tires were and where the tail end of the trailer was.

#10. Relocate Fuel Filler station rearward as needed to accommodate Driver side entry door where fuel station normally is located.

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
TRAILER WALL IMAGE

#1, Rear Wall mounted “Wave-8” Catalytic Safety Heater.
Your early prototype was built with a PIVOT in it that allowed us to angle the heater DOWN to face towards the floor. That was an AWESOME design.

#2, Helmet Hooks/Hangers in the cold Cabinet to the right of the Stereo in addition to the Hot Cabinet.

#3, Is it possible to HEAT the currently COLD Cabinet to the right of the stereo??

#4, Upgrade the Stereo Head Unit with SOMETHING that works better from LCI (Bluetooth / WiFi Connectivity? and LOOKS BETTER) The current head unit is just POOR and really doesn’t do well for the trailer.

#5, Add a Sub-woofer to the cabinet

#6, External Speakers on outside of trailer along Driver Side.

#7, Salem Vents front and back of trailer.

#8, If at all possible, a DIGITAL PROGRAMMABLE Thermostat, that could be set to TURN ON and TURN OFF at a specific time?

#9, AC outlet and 4 USB ports mounted above with each Fold Up work bench.
USB Ports over the 2 removable Storage racks & each of the fold down sitting benches
High Charge Rate USB 3, 2.1Amp would be MUCH better than low charge USB 1.0 sockets..

#10, Fold Up Work Benches.

#11 Fold down sitting benches
Underside of the bench MUST have the raw cut metal COVERED with protective plastic, like the material you put on the edge of the furnace. The underside of the benches CUTS INTO THE SNOWMOBILE’S plastic body panels.

#12, Relocate trailer passenger entry door to Driver’s side.

#13, mount an LED Load Light directly over the fold up work benches for a bright directional light source?

#14 Battery Disconnect Switch!

#15, Overhead cabinet

#16, LED Strip Light beneath each Cabinet?

#17, Extra Utility Shelf

#18, Rollover Sofa Bed. With new narrower snowmobiles, we would like to try the Sofa Bed a 2nd time if possible.

picture.php

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
Actually worked out very nicely for COOKE CITY.

While I TOTALLY MISSED being able to melt out the sled Saturday Night so she would be clean and Ice Free for Sunday, given how tight everything is in Cooke, having the little trailer was very welcome!!

One of these days I also want to try a SLED DECK !!

Gotta love inventing places to park at Cooke.

For melting out the sled, walk into the bakery next time and for ten bucks Bearclaw Bob will let you pull your sled in over night.

Even with that small trailer you just saw one of the major pros of a smaller set up. Ease of parking. The next one is all the weight on the drivers. Went to Island Park and even with garbage roads and just about worn out tires I couldn't break them loose even when I was trying.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Gotta love inventing places to park at Cooke.

For melting out the sled, walk into the bakery next time and for ten bucks Bearclaw Bob will let you pull your sled in over night.

Even with that small trailer you just saw one of the major pros of a smaller set up. Ease of parking. The next one is all the weight on the drivers. Went to Island Park and even with garbage roads and just about worn out tires I couldn't break them loose even when I was trying.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

At some point in the future I AM going to ask Mirage to build me a SHORT 2-3 place trailer and run with that for a season just to be able to offer up a real comparison.

With my boys all growing up and moving out, my days of needing a 5 passenger trailer will be coming to an end in the next year or two.

But make NO MISTAKE.
There is nothing like having that heated trailer to melt out the sleds and be able to suit up and unsuit at the end of the day.

MISSED THAT in Cooke and in Tog and in Driggs this last weekend.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The new 2019 trailer will begin production at the end of July for an August delivery. I asked them not to start it till the end of summer was in sight and SnoWest members were starting to come back in August.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Supposedly Mirage just locked down the new 2019 design specs.
Our new prototype should begin its journey into production in 10 days!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features