• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Real cat boards, how did I not hear about these

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Agreed - ridiculous if they don't.

Reality - they make more money on aftermarket sales of them vs. including them on the sled!

I'm betting it's more of a tooling/labor issue with the dual layer tunnel they have now. Not real fast and easy to put on the assembly line. More likely with a new chassis.

I'm not buying a new cat until they put factory replaceable boards on them.

Do guys trash boards on the regular?

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I'm betting it's more of a tooling/labor issue with the dual layer tunnel they have now. Not real fast and easy to put on the assembly line. More likely with a new chassis.

Do guys trash boards on the regular?

My boards were clapped out after 1,500 miles. Alder ripped one and the other was sagged out in the center... I would much rather drill a few rivits and slap on a new board as needed then have to drag out a die grinder and hack up a 14k dollar sled...

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
Though these inserts look good, I wonder if they will eventually bend as well because of the flat design, or will the rivots just start popping out of the front and back of the boards like the stock ones. 800 miles on my ‘17 MC and I’m thinkin by next year I’ll need aftermarket boards again

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Any more information on how these held up over the winter.
Still recommend them ?

Thx

Premium Features