• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motor Mount Diagnosis

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I just replaced the top end in our 12 800 RMK PRO at 2200 miles (btw the pistons looked like the day they were put in, rings?) and did the motor mounts and did measure the new ones compared with takeouts and averaged .050-.060 smaller for takeouts.
gtwitch in wyoming

Timberdoodle218

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2010
Tofte MN
Don't forget to change the stock torque arm bushing at the same time!

So looking at my torque arm bushing there is a noticeable space between the head of the allen bolt and the cup it sits in. The rubber looks fine but I can see that the inner cup, and thus the whole torque limiter, can move back and forth a bit before it contacts the bolt head. Like possibly the bolt head has chewed away at that metal cup. Is this normal?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
So looking at my torque arm bushing there is a noticeable space between the head of the allen bolt and the cup it sits in. The rubber looks fine but I can see that the inner cup, and thus the whole torque limiter, can move back and forth a bit before it contacts the bolt head. Like possibly the bolt head has chewed away at that metal cup. Is this normal?

Doesn't sound to good- Pic might help but... for about $25.00 to replace it's well worth the investment-and piece of mind.

View attachment 293396

Last edited:
Premium Features