• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys running board rivets.

I8URCAT

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane, WA
Replacing a running board on a 17 163 and have been to two dealers trying to get oem type rivets and for some reason they are cad plated gold and the originals are silver. Matched the part number from online wholesaler's fiche to what the dealer had on their computer and on the shelf and yep they're gold. Anyone know what part number I need for the silver ones?
102d8bacfe802c28963804aa50afcda8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I just went through this same bullsh*t. Gold plated rivets that go for $1 per rivet plus you need a pneumatic rivet gun to install. I told dealer no way are those stock as stock rivers are a piece of cake to drill out. These gold rivets would be almost impossible to drill out.

I put on some aftermarket boards was not a fan so put stock back on.

I don't think stock are steel as steel is tougher to drill. As I was as able to drill out an entire side, about 17; in about 5 minutes with a 12v cordless drill with a nothing special drill bit.

After way to much research and learning more about rivets than I cared to...I believe stock are aluminum rivets with steel shank and this is what I bought from fastenal and used on my running boards. Fastenal had to order them but can get in any quantity you want

And you can't use aluminum rivets as they turn to mush when trying to pop.

Last edited:

I8URCAT

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane, WA
Thanks for the info guys. I'm sure those other rivets would do the trick but I want it to look just like the other side. I'm sure the right ones are available they're just not correlating with the parts diagram.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Thanks for the info guys. I'm sure those other rivets would do the trick but I want it to look just like the other side. I'm sure the right ones are available they're just not correlating with the parts diagram.

The ones on the other side are just standard stainless pop rivets.
Hit your local hardware store and be done with it.

Premium Features