• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m8 questions.... still trying to work it out...

D
Apr 17, 2016
Hey guys,
I have a 2009 m8 sno pro with about 2200 miles on it. I would have gone with something newer but it was my best friends sled and he died so I know he would have wanted me to have it.... so I got it. Got a few questions about set up... so I got a Set of c&a bx skis for it and was wondering if anyone had had these on there m series and I think it will have to much ski pressure when I get them on... other than going to other hole in the front of the skid or 07 spindle is there another way to make turning Easier? My clutching I believe to be stm gen 1 secondary and stock cat primary and it uses a hpx5020 belt. Is there a way to get my reverse working on it other than buying a gen 2 stm? It rips so I'll prob just not use reverse if I can't do anything about it. M rite brace to fix the bulkhead and a ggb mountin can, gauge cage and shock tower venting is all the other mods I can think of it having rite now. I believe floats are the stock ****ty valve job from the factory as well. Any help with sorting this out is very much appreciated so thanks in advance.. Any other mods I should do.... most riding done in nh...thanks again

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Steering is hard on the 09. Tighten the front track shock, that will help. Don't know about the STM secondary but i do know that i took off my RKT secondary and gave it away because i couldn't get reverse to work all the time. Reverse is to important for me. Straight 36 cat helix and sled performed awesome.

Mountain Cat

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Sled has engine reverse...you will need the notched helix and make surenthe reverse button/system is wired up and working. I have the same sled. Stock skis are ok but not great...i know nothing about the brand you are suggesting. Diamond drive bearing replacement os a must...just checked mone at 1200 miles and bearing coming apart. If you want more power the slp pipe works well. As for steering pressure...you can reduce by increasing front rear shock. Check primary rollers. Put rock rollers on secondary. Bullet proof motor. Great sled.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
Be sure to put the double row diamond drive bearing in, there's multiple threads regarding that topic on here. Polaris gripper skis are far better than c&a imo.

maybe a chromoly steering post from canadasledparts in the future

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Make sure your skis are slightly toed outward what this does is when you go to turn the snow grabs the ski and helps it turn

Premium Features