• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel problems with '94 Summit 583

B
Dec 30, 2017
I have a '94 Summit 583 with a fuel delivery problem. My first question is, does this sled have a fuel filter? The reason i ask is because this sled idles fine, but when i take off on it the sled stalls out within 75ft. I replaced the carbs, airbox, throttle linkage and CDI. No difference! So, I need help!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
There should be a brass filter on the end of the pickup line inside the tank.

Mountain Cat

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
A lot of those carbs had a screen above the needle & seat. Check your fuel pump, impulse hose & tank vent in addition to the in-tank fuel line & filter.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Do everything stated above and I would strongly suggest getting rid of the HAC system and jetting accordingly. With the age on the machine the rubber diaphram is probably dried out and cracked. They worked great until they didnt. I used to have to rezero mine until I eliminated it completley.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I have a '94 Summit 583 with a fuel delivery problem. My first question is, does this sled have a fuel filter? The reason i ask is because this sled idles fine, but when i take off on it the sled stalls out within 75ft. I replaced the carbs, airbox, throttle linkage and CDI. No difference! So, I need help!!

But you didn't change the fuel pump or the pulse hose to it from the motor?

Last edited:
Premium Features