• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heavier rear torsion springs

Circus Midget

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I ride a 163 T3 and I cant seem to keep this thing from trenching. Ready to ride I’m at 300 lbs. I have the z-motion and had the shocks revalved last year. I’ve tried everything including different spring settings and different limiter strap settings. Can you get heavier rear springs from Doo? I can’t find anything on the parts lookup.

How much does your ski suspension affect weight transfer. I have a buddy with the same sled except his is a year newer. His rear skid was set the same as mine but when I’d ride his sled it would get on top of the snow better than mine. I’ve never compared our front spring settings to see how they compare

M

Meyersnow

Feb 8, 2015
Breckenridge
trenchin convention

Might sound silly, but I ride skinnier front skis, and as a result the front end pushes down in powder more, and trenches and gets stuck less. If you have the ski doo that has the removable ski tip, try that.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Yes you can get heavier torsions. I weigh 170lbs on a good day: I have moved my scissor back and run torsions on #5. No way you don't need stiffer springs.

This thread talks about them: http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1032058-heavier-torsion-springs/

Another big factor in trenching is front track shock/spring preload. If it's stiff, the track's approach angle sucks, and it will trench like no other. If it's soft, it compresses when you're trying to climb atop snow, reduces angle of attack/approach angle, and is more likely not to trench.

Premium Features