• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobilers vs. Wilderness

S
Nov 26, 2007
Well it won't be long and everything will be closed to us and I see no reason to be curtious or obey the closed areas we've been riding for years.
I think it's actually going to be fun. Get a fairly big group together every so often, plan a route and a "escape route" through areas we have always ridin in and some we haven't always been allowed in.
We'll have names like Mr. Blue, Mr. White etc in case anyone gets caught.;)
I'm going to shred the he11 outta a few cross country ski trails (i.e. old snowmobile trails) and spit on them as I go by...just trying to give back.:)

Why do this sort of thing and wreck it for everyone else.
There is no reason to leave trash and go on places that are set aside.
If you don't like how they have all the land set aside go somewhere else. Why support their communities if they don't even want you there.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Icehole, So if we followed the forest services logic, wouldn't they close all banks, if someone robs one?

Or, should we just fine them? And, then threaten to close the banks?

I

Icehole

Nov 26, 2007
Jackson, WY
Wade, I'm not here to debate our Forest Sevices ability, or lack of ability, to manage "our lands". But I will always take a stand when I feel your actions or someone elses actions and decisions begin to impead on mine or my families future to continue to enjoy "our lands" and those activities we enjoy. The fact that some individuals condone poaching the closed areas simply assures one thing - more closures! One more reason our sport will continue to fall under the scrutiny of those that want us banned.

W
Nov 26, 2007
Shaver Lake, CA
www.westcoastsleds.com
Greenies and FS can go take a hike !

The areas they are protecting have no tree's (We ride above the tree line) I didnt know that snow and rubber tracks hurt rocks...... If they want to protect wilderness then do so. But give us access to some of the wilderness with good riding. Wilderness could be at like 1000-4000 feet right ????;) Who said wilderness has to be at the higher elevations? Make wilderness at sea level on the west coast for all I care! Oh dont forget to pack your shi* out. Did you know that if you horse back ride in the wilderness you have to pack yours and your animals shi* out ?????? WTF is wrong with this world???? Last I looked animals craped where they want.:mad: The Sierra Club, US Forest Service need to worry about something else. Or .............................. Why wate my time.

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
I'm with newtrout...
What's the draw to the closed areas, knowing that you are breaking the law excites you? You want that kind of excitement - then go rob a bank, if you get caught - you pay the price but it does not affect me, my kids, or for that matter, others on this forum - poaching a closed area hurts us all!!!

I can tell you this ....It hasn't got us any more riding areas by obeying the law and not riding wilderness areas (The most pristine riding areas).....conversly it has got us less land as time goes by....I am going to ride it while I got it cause soon enough we will be fighting each other for areas........look at Glamis LOL talk about a joke.....they are already posting speed limits at Blue Lakes now...where do my fees go now...sure as hell doesn't make for better riding areas or more visible boundries

Ridersride

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2008
North Bend
www.ridersride.com
Ride everything you can , When the snow melts I bet you cant find any tracks or damage to the dirt and rocks..

Its not going to get better by following all the rules as our areas get smaller and smaller ... It has nothing to do with Sleding in closed areas its all about Rules and management for the FS . I've never seen a Sled hurt a Rock or Dirt Because we're 12 feet above it....

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Why do this sort of thing and wreck it for everyone else.
There is no reason to leave trash and go on places that are set aside.
If you don't like how they have all the land set aside go somewhere else. Why support their communities if they don't even want you there.

I'm sorry but what the he11 are you talking about??
How would I be wrecking it for everyone else when I clearly said that soon EVERYTHING will be closed, that's when I go on my rampage...when nothing or very few places are open to us. And who said anything about dumping trash or supporting them??:confused:too many :beer;:beer;
I currently obey the laws and currently am courteous to the click clicks and ground pounders but it won't be too much longer when that will all change.

Obviously what were doing now isn't working, I don't think going into Wilderness is going to help us AT ALL but obeying the rules and trying to be the better group isn't working either.
I think we need to get the message across that we will not be kicked out of our own backyards where we have just as much of a right to be.
Writing letters don't work, what's the next step???

S
Nov 26, 2007
I'm sorry but what the he11 are you talking about??
How would I be wrecking it for everyone else when I clearly said that soon EVERYTHING will be closed, that's when I go on my rampage...when nothing or very few places are open to us. And who said anything about dumping trash or supporting them??:confused:too many :beer;:beer;
I currently obey the laws and currently am courteous to the click clicks and ground pounders but it won't be too much longer when that will all change.

Obviously what were doing now isn't working, I don't think going into Wilderness is going to help us AT ALL but obeying the rules and trying to be the better group isn't working either.
I think we need to get the message across that we will not be kicked out of our own backyards where we have just as much of a right to be.
I agree with you. Snowmobilers are the better group. The only reason we are being targeted is because of some fourwheelers and motorcycles and other rec sports.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Wade, I'm not here to debate our Forest Sevices ability, or lack of ability, to manage "our lands". But I will always take a stand when I feel your actions or someone elses actions and decisions begin to impead on mine or my families future to continue to enjoy "our lands" and those activities we enjoy. The fact that some individuals condone poaching the closed areas simply assures one thing - more closures! One more reason our sport will continue to fall under the scrutiny of those that want us banned.

I don't condone riding in Wilderness, at least not yet. And, I'm not convinced that the rules allow them to close a area due to violations. Might be compelling evidence for a senate subcommittee.

But, if all it takes is someone breaking the rules to us shut out, then we've already lost. Because people that are willing to burn down buildings and SUV's, are willing to ride a snowmobile into a Wilderness area to get us shut out.

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado

Exactly.....they aren't solving any problems, just creating more! I think we as a group are going to finally get tired of being shatted on. It's going to turn more good people into "bad".

What's the next step? Just go ride!

W
Nov 26, 2007
Shaver Lake, CA
www.westcoastsleds.com
????

Does airplane exhaust, Jet Fuel A AKA (Clean Diesel) fall to the groung or disipate in the air??? I dont know, but my guess is that it falls to the ground. So if the only impact snowmobiles have in the wilderness is exhaust smoke or poloution I would say that there are a hell of alot more airplanes flying over the wilderness doing damage then we are.

Better shut done the airline industry now.....:beer;

Fricking rediculous !!!!! FTH (F**k Tree Huggers !) :mad:

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Someone suggested this already but why the he11 don't we sue the FS?
They have enforced areas that have not been legally closed yet, that should be illegal.
I think if we sued them....and won, it would be a huge step for us. They might not be so reluctant to side with the greenies and keep pulling BS moves.
Anyone want to start a thread asking for money to "SUE THE FS".
He11 I'd throw at least $30 right away....and I'm kinda cheap.

Last edited:
T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
Someone suggested this already but why the he11 don't we sue the FS?
They have enforced areas that have not been legally closed yet, that should be illegal.
I think if we sued them....and won, it would be a huge step for us. They might not be so reluctant to side with the greenies and keep pulling BS moves.
Anyone want to start a thread asking for money to "SUE THE FS".
He11 I'd throw at least $30 right away....and I'm kinda cheap.

just so you know, the Idaho state snowmobile association has spent over $60,000 on the caribou lawsuit in north idaho. To sue will take alot of money. And the caribou lawsuit ain't over yet.

tim

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Right on Snowsnob, seems to me citizens rights are being trampled. Isn't there a legal organization that "claim" to champion the rights of Americans? I could just see the ACLU stepping in to help us.

I'll throw in some money for a lawsuit, but you realize we are talking millions of dollars to do something like this. We need someone with deep pockets to help us.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
If I had millions I'd just go buy up the land at my favorite riding area...or better yet the favorite area of ground ponders and click clackers, then make the area motorized use ONLY.:) see how they like it.

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
We need to write to the FS, Elected officials, groups telling them not to exclusively group vehicles.

If you have ideas this is a great place to post them, find as many facts as you can (contacts, #'s of, measurments, ect...) and make a coordinated effort to write the parties involved and provide feedback to additional efforts, I’d love to help, we can be the majority voice if we speak out!

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
I am fearful that some people’s under-informed (possibly uneducated, comedy central news-source, need of acceptance in their pot smoking circles) views will lead to the downfall of individual rights, like snowmobiling. Or even worse eliminate the ability to work hard to get ahead to enjoy nice things like snowmobiling. No?

Premium Features