• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti Ski and Spindle

Guitarman

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
CMX is using the Yeti ski and Spindle. They seem to be impressed with it. I have the ski and like how it handles, just wondering if the spindle would be worth a look. Anyone using the ski and spindle on their TS?

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
I'd be careful of the YETi spindle 3/3 of bent fork tubes on the riders in my group.

Can't see how that spindle specific especially compared to a TS as far as fork damage. Virtually the same mounting. I'm running a yeti spindle and ski this year on my CMX kit.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Can't see how that spindle specific especially compared to a TS as far as fork damage. Virtually the same mounting. I'm running a yeti spindle and ski this year on my CMX kit.

Well one thing to consider is that the TS spindle will bend in a big hit. I've gone through about 4 in the last 5 seasons and haven't bent a tube yet. I really trashed my wrist on one hit but the tubes thankfully were ok. Perhaps the Yeti spindle is too stiff?

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
Well one thing to consider is that the TS spindle will bend in a big hit. I've gone through about 4 in the last 5 seasons and haven't bent a tube yet. I really trashed my wrist on one hit but the tubes thankfully were ok. Perhaps the Yeti spindle is too stiff?

Sounds like you need to quit hitting stuff rush!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
This is a can of worms ,

The contact points to the ground are basically the same , but that's it , so the question is are the spindles the same length ?

The things that I have noticed is that by changing the ski pressure because the skis sit at different heights is a major player at how well the skid floats or trenches . It not only changes the angle of approach but it also affects the fork sag/preload .

There are two kinds of racers , cheaters and loosers

IMG_20161030_162307962.jpg.jpg

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Sounds like you need to quit hitting stuff rush!

Early season riding at it's best! Love finding those buried laydowns! But seriously, if you ride snowbikes hard and haven't hit anything yet you are simply on borrowed time. It's like living in Montana and saying "I haven't hit a deer yet!". Key word, yet!

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
Early season riding at it's best! Love finding those buried laydowns! But seriously, if you ride snowbikes hard and haven't hit anything yet you are simply on borrowed time. It's like living in Montana and saying "I haven't hit a deer yet!". Key word, yet!

Haha right?! I have my fingers crossed for our revy trip in 17 days! ??

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
rush you must be on the TS payroll? heh heh

what are they paying? free bearings maybe?? let me know...maybe i'll switch over!

FYI the snow in revy is ok uptop. but nothing at lower elevations.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I like what I like man. I've beat my bikes to hell and back and so far no bent fork tubes even on some nasty smacks. I've had to beat my spindle with a log before to bend it straight in order to get out of the woods but I always made it out.... and no bent tubes. 4 spindles at $200ish a pop is still cheaper than a new set of forks for sure.

Premium Features