• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear skid mods/settings

C
Aug 8, 2012
Carnation, WA
My 05 KK has 8 tooth extrovert drivers, antistab kit, 2 wheel kit wrapped in a 163" track on the 162" rails. I am not sure what the track is other than the PO said it was a polaris track. When I bought the sled it handled very poorly for my skill set (mountain beginner-intermediate) and weight (170 lbs dry) the suspension was very stiff, all the coils cranked tight and the rear blocks in their tightest setting. We loosened the front skis, loosened the limit strap to the middle hole and set the rear blocks to the loosest setting. The difference was pretty amazing but I wonder if there is some additional adjustments etc to make.

I have read a lot of confusing threads on the Geo/Elvis mods and wonder if these would allow me to back off my front skid coil to allow a smoother ride, additional travel but still transfer so I can throw this pig around. It seems the Geo mod is more for the early M sleds to help correct the geometry flaw and maybe help with the track tightening during compression. I have read the benefits to running the track at proper tension. Does the KK have these issues as well or others? I cannot comment on if my current set up trenches or not but think it might due to the heavy coil setting on my front skid. Hadn't gotten in to much deep powder last year.

So my list of questions:
1) Geo/Elvis mods good or even applicable to the KK?

2) other mods as such for the KK?

3) what is the proper track tension spec? I do not have a manual.

4) any set up advise to tune what I have currently?

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
i personally run my 04 KK limit strap fully extended, front skid shock pretty loose (1-3 turns of load), torsion springs loosest setting, front shocks very little to medium load off trail, more load if trail is bumpy. The loose front shocks allow the easier side hill. Track is fairly loose with about 13/4 - 2 inch slack just hanging in the air no downward load. Think the stock setting uses 20lb load on track but don't remember what the measurement is.

162 power claw 3.0 stock extrovert, antistab body weight 165

For being such a tank, this thing does pretty good in powder, climbing and side hill, The trail ride always sucks.

Premium Features