• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gauging interest in modified A ARMS

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
My Brother and I have redesigned the upper A Arms on the 1M Cats to fit a longer shock and narrow up the ski stance to 38.5". with these arms you can run a 17.75 fox float which obviously gives your more travel but also greatly improves the handling of the sled.
How many of you would be interested in purchasing a set if I decide to build more? feel free to ask any questions you have.
thanks!

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
stupid.gif

Have you ran these out in the hills yet? Is the improved handling in "theory" or practice? Stock steering post or modified on the test model? Anything done to strengthen them up?

Looks weird on the wide KC9 but definitely more inline with the newer sleds. Might be interested, depending on the price... not only of your modified arms but new shocks, for the total upgrade. :becky:

Last edited:
B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
I ran these A Arms all last year and loved them. I can give more details on my Sled if anyone is interested. They made the sled tip and side hill much easier.
My brother was running stock arms with a 17" fox float and decided to build a set of new upper arms this year. His stock arms would rub a little with the taller shocks. My brother went through a couple sets of stock A Arms last season, and mine are still perfect! :)
We both have the forward mount post as well. we can make upper and lower depending on what you would need. I'm not positive on price because materials is really the biggest factor. the More I build the cheaper they are. and I can look into shock prices but i'm guessing most people would want to pick up their own used.
what is a reasonable price?
Thanks everyone

Last edited:
G
Nov 4, 2010
Just a little correction. I am the brother and I had 17" shocks not 17.5" I wanted the extra length because I think it makes that much more of a difference. The 17" floats were also really close to the stock arms and were rubbing just slightly.

To run the longer shocks you only need the upper arm modified. We could make lowers so they match material and strength wise if people want. If you don't want the extra cost you can just get modified uppers and run the stock lowers.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Those look great and I think if you can get dialed in on pricing you may be onto something.

I have a question about the overall geometry of the sled with the raise front end. When you narrow the arms and raise the nose, doesn't this place more pressure on the track which would cause it to trench like a ditch witch? I know I can tell a difference just by loading my front shocks for the trail ride in and forgetting to change when I get off the trails.

Did you notice anything like that? Or is it just an accepted trade off for the better sidehill.

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
If you raise the front you will want to raise the back as well. all the 900's that we ride with all have dropped the skid to the lower front hole and made some sort of drop bracket for the rear bolt on the skid. again I feel that this only improves the overall handling of the sled. we could possibly sell a drop bracket that will compensate for the lift in the front.

unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed.jpg unnamed (1).jpg

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Looks good! Is the mat'l 4130 or just plain steel? Wall the same thickness or thinner. Do we send you our arms, as I have a spare set but one slightly tweaked on the leg you are replacing. Been wanting to do this for the taller shocks I have been running. Problem is one of the upper bolts in the chassis is stuck real good! I spent 2 days and could not remove.

Mike

B
Sep 25, 2013
Provo, Utah
1mike900,
We can use whatever metal you'd like. If you would like to send me your uppers we can do it that way. that shouldn't be a problem at all. let me know what you'd like to do.
thanks

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Otherwise what were you thinking? Making them from scratch?I have an extra set of uppers that one is slightly tweaked on the tube you would be replacing. What would the price be for a set ? Thanks Mike

B

brendoski

Aug 24, 2011
Dont get me wrong your sled is sick! But you cant leave these guys hanging and not show them a pic of the tractor! :)

Premium Features