• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boondocker setup help.

lifegiver

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2012
yakima,wa
I just put on slp twins from a single. I am running 3000 to 6000 ft at about 8200 rpm with my single. I installed the boondocker and not sure where to set it to get a good starting point. any info would be geat thanks. also do I need to change octane level at all

lifegiver

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2012
yakima,wa
hard to believe that no one on here would have starting numbers. seems that this stuff must be top secret not even slp or boondocker have #'s to start with. guess I will just through the fuel at it and put a prayer in, this won't take all season to figure out.

C
Aug 8, 2012
Carnation, WA
Wish I cold help you. Same boat here but with a big bore on a single pipe. I'm going to start with 10% added to mid and high rpm and tune from there with piston wash and plug inspection. Have no idea how to go about it with going to twin pipes though.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Might be more work now but maybe install EGT gauges to help with the tuning. Sorry I have not numbers for you guys. I am running carb on single pipe and doing some fine tuning this season when the snow finally arrives.

lifegiver

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2012
yakima,wa
thanks guys. I am looking at getting some gauges and will start out rich on all levels and tune to piston wash also. thanks for the come backs

Premium Features