• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Ride since 2010 on a Gen4 175

Teamdog

Premium Member
So I've been out of sledding since 2010 and was riding an 08 Rev. I spring checked a 2018 175 and had no idea what to expect.
We headed up the Coquihalla to Henning Mountain yesterday not great conditions but Ok for a first ride of the season to check out the sled and see if I remembered how to ride.
Well I have to say I am majorly impressed with the 175. What a treat to ride.
The engine is so responsive compared to the old 800 carbed engine. The shot system is a welcomed option and the way you can pick your way thru the trees at slow speeds and not get stuck is such an improvement.
The thing is like a tractor.
The expression "look there to go there" has never been more true. This sled was so easy to steer and its a freakin 175.
I only did a couple of climbs thru the trees (didn't want to break any parts with such a small amount of snow)and could not believe how easy it was to change direction at low speed with such a small amount of effort.
The snow was about 4' deep with almost no base and as I remember my 08-163 it was a trench digging anchor.
Side hilling was also a major improvement and again changing direction or turning to head backup hill was so easy compared to the old beast.
I also found the sled a lot more comfortable on the trail riding down the mountain. Rides the bumps pretty good at all speeds.
I did make some changes to the sled prior to heading out but nothing crazy.
I centered the skis and put the tip extensions on. Next ride will try it with out them.
I'm 6' 1" 250 lbs. so I installed the Heavy duty torsion springs on the back and had them set at 2. Felt Good there.
Backed off the front skid coil to put some more weight on the skis. Seemed good
Front coils wound up all the way
Limiter strap stock. might tighten it up one hole but will wait for better conditions to make that call
Overall impression is very good and now we need snow. Lots of snow!!

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
X2 on the 175,have 1 in the shop and chopping at the bit for snow;:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Teamdog

Premium Member
For sure.
We only ride Henning early in the season when the snow is light at 10K.
Have not been to 10K in a while. Apparently they groom to the cabin now.
We usually head back over the saddle and out to 22K.
I look forward to seeing you out there.
Looks like no snow for the next 2 weeks probably have to head to Revy or Eagles.

Later....

Premium Features