• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

All blowed up

G

GBCB

Nov 19, 2008
Crested Butte, Co
Well after a 1000 trouble free miles the 755 up and lost the piston rod bearing. Looks like it put a little dent just below the reed cage on the case. When you turn the crank the mag side is nicely oiled but pto side is dry. Must have trouble getting oil on that side. Machine used to drink oil, so thats a bit puzzling. 2200 miles on the machine and still pretty clean. Mulling over the options and thought I'd get some "expert" opinions.

1) Run it over with the skid-steer and call State Farm. ($500 deductible and some bad karma)
2) An 866 motor for sale in Canada with 50 miles for $1500 plus a split cost on shipping.
3) Drop off motor at Indy Dans on way to Minn for summer vacation for the Polaris crank/clutch update (can't justify a Torque Master :face-icon-small-con)
4) Local mechanic (who's very good ) for Polaris update crank.
5) Me and a friend (who has done a few) just do it ourselves with the update.

Leaning towards #2. More power, no miles, could put in compfusion mounts. But a long way to chase someone down if the goods are no good.
Love to hear from you guys.

N

nytro circus

Dec 29, 2009
Clarkston,Wa
I would call indy dan he can do the TM1 pretty cheap thats who does all my motor work and he has great customer service :face-icon-small-hap

If u need his contact info let me know.

G

GBCB

Nov 19, 2008
Crested Butte, Co
Going with Indy Dan

Talked to Indy Dan. I am going to send him the lower engine and have him build and 866. He's got some parts lying around and will do the best he can for me. Supernice fellow- hope it all works out.

Premium Features