• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

seat removal

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
Anyone know how to get the seat off the 850? Don't see any bolts or anything. Does it just pull off?

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Comes off different than the XM seat, you need to put your knee on the tip of the seat and use your weight to push down and reach into the sides and pull the tabs out...

S

stmike

Dec 22, 2008
northern Ontario
What model do you have ? The summit comes off same as the XS , but is hard to get my fingers under the latch . If you have a say BC you do as posted ,there is post at the front that hold the seat on . There should be small straps at the post that you pull down to release the seat ,and yes pushing down on the seat helps .There is a post somewhere on dootalk that shows how.The 1+1 seat has the same two post ,it is a stupid system IMHOP

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
on my 17 I pull seat off after every ride and stand on its nose in the garage. every couple days I squeeze and
get a hand full of water each time. pnw snow is a little wetter than most so this my not help everyone..

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Buy a Skinz seat. The foam they use doesn't hold water like the stock seats.

Getting the seat off is super easy. Pull up the front and slide it back. This has to be the most amount of bad advice I have ever seen in a thread :laugh:

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Buy a Skinz seat. The foam they use doesn't hold water like the stock seats.

Getting the seat off is super easy. Pull up the front and slide it back. This has to be the most amount of bad advice I have ever seen in a thread :laugh:

Which skinz seat did you go with? I have a massive hole in my seat and I noticed too it stays week for weeks even in a heated garage

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I have both Skinz seats. I bought the freeride and then bought the extreme freeride when it came out. I prefer the extreme one but there isn't much there if you like to ride sitting down on trails. As for the stock ones they don't dry out in a heated garage. Last year when I weighed the stock seat after it had been in a heated garage for a week and weighed the Skinz it was 4.2# lighter.

Premium Features