• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI mountain cat conversion question

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Installing my mountain cat conversion kit and was wondering if anyone has left the chaincase side template in permanently? I understand that the brake side needs to stay in but I like the idea of a little more material on the backside of the chaincase.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I left the chain case template in place when I put mine together.

Wow. I wouldn't have thought that it would fit.

Damn now I gotta tear down my sled again and put that in there. :face-icon-small-ton

In all seriousness though, I did have to go beyond the template a little bit in a few places as far as grinding/cutting. It's got to be really tight I would think.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Template

Wow. I wouldn't have thought that it would fit.

Damn now I gotta tear down my sled again and put that in there. :face-icon-small-ton

In all seriousness though, I did have to go beyond the template a little bit in a few places as far as grinding/cutting. It's got to be really tight I would think.

The template fit easily as far as I can remember. At least I don't remember fighting with it.
I left mine in place because I cut more tunnel than I liked also and thought it would be stronger with the template in place.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I know I thought about leaving mine in place to beef up the cut out area but honestly, I can't remember if I did. I do remember how much of difference it made in the rideablity of my sled though. You're going to love it.

Premium Features