• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo 800 etec help

M
Nov 19, 2017
Hi i need some help with my kit .

First oil to turbo Q ,mag side oil direct to turbo without check valve. Pto side oil hose T to two check valves then to each rave valve. Is that correct ?

Second, at page 6 they want to T both side of an rave solenoid is that correct? Is there Only 1 solonoid ? So Two T needed and two check valves and two short hose between T and solenoid ?

Third = why do you need to do that thing above? What does it do

Thanks

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
The instructions that you have should show you. It is a little confusing.

The Check valves are to try to help the Rave work correctly when boosted.

To bad the 800 etec didn't have servo controlled raves. That's the only thing stopping it from working flawless in my opinion. Not saying it can't work good. Cause mine does. Just saying that pressure controlled RAVEs don't know how to behave with boost.

M
Jan 17, 2017
New Hampshire
for some reason i thought each of my raves already had check valves, tee two together, other oil line to turbo, ignore page 6. if you take page 6 and the alternative oil line routing it makes no sense. perhaps i was wrong in doing so. maybe someone else has some more input

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Yep,

So it is confusing.

Leave the check valves on both RAVES. Then take the one oil feed line to the raves and use it on the turbo. The line that is left over T it together before the check valves. So that it is feeding both raves. No need for a check valve on the turbocharger.

M
Jan 17, 2017
New Hampshire
Yep,

So it is confusing.

Leave the check valves on both RAVES. Then take the one oil feed line to the raves and use it on the turbo. The line that is left over T it together before the check valves. So that it is feeding both raves. No need for a check valve on the turbocharger.

i actually think i had a spare check valve so i put it inline with the turbo, probably shouldn't hurt anything tho?

andym2001

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2014
St. Paul, MN
www.michelshomes.com
I am missing check valves for my sled's kit - anyone know where to get some? I talked to Silber and they do not have any for these kits laying around... bummer they don't have any for a kit that is 2 years old!

Trying to dial mine in a bit, and this may be part of the missing key.

Thank you - PM me if you have a source!

AM

M
Jan 17, 2017
New Hampshire
reached out to Bryce and hoping he will tune me in. Seems like we are doing the same type of project here... gonna get the redline controller as well to get this thing dialed in.

Cheers!

Bryce is a super awesome dude. My redline is installed and we have already made some adjustments to the fuel map. more testing to come. unfortunately ive just been running it around on grass, but its hopefully enough to try and get rid of the gurgle on the low end

Premium Features