• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro RMK turbo clutching ideas

M
Nov 26, 2017
Hi,

Thank you for your help in advance:)

I built a 2011 Polaris Pro RMK 155 2.5 lugs with following:

RK tek pistons and head low compression (10:1)
Rebuilt crank(welded, Teflon bearing etc)
Boondocker turbo kit (low elevation)
19/42 gearing

I had many hurtles with fuelling that was all solved by taking it to the Dyno and working with Greg at jaws performance we got the fuelling just right:))

So now comes clutching(cuz that dyno is directly attached to crank with counterweights)

At the end of the session we agreed the sled should be clutched for 8700rpm to pull 187HP at 6 psi and somewhere close to 200hp with 9psi (I have dyno sheets if you need to see, we still have 1 problem the exhaust inlet hooked to turbo is a bit too small but in time I’ll figure this out - just makes egt warm up a bit too quick and I could prob squeeze out another couple of more ponies at 9 psi)

All and all at this point she runs perfect:)

Now clutching... so far here’s what I’ve done.

Primary:
1) rebuilt the entire primary clutch:) including resurface
2) shims for belt to sheave distance
3) went to almond gold primary
4) MTX weight system

Secondary:

I’m just having a hard time picking a helix :( I currently have a 56-42
36 rapid reaction:/

I was wondering if you guys that know far more then me about clutching could help me pick one?

Need something non restrictive till 5800-6000 rpm thats about where it starts produce a lot of power.

I’ve never picked one for this kind of setup and struggling a tad:/

I’ve read quite a bit on this forum and others just can’t seem to find the right setup.

Anything will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features