• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo reeds

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
This hasn't been talked about for a while. Looking to replace mine this fall and want them to last all season 1k do able?

My stockers looked good when I took them out, unsure mileage.

Boysen turbo reeds tips are chipping in under 400 miles.

VF3? came stock on 16+? how are they holding up?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
On my 12 pro I went with Boyesen super stock. I read people have had great luck with them and many with over 2000 miles on a set. So who knows? All I know is detonation and backfiring is going to kill them fast.

However my sled had a long strand of detonation and backfiring issue but yet the reeds looked like new still. But I replaced them because they would of fallen off I'm sure lol

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
I am in the market for some reeds as well for my 2012 boost it turbo pro and would like advise on which reeds to go with, any advise or experienced advise on what to avoid would be greatly appreciated.

O

onesnowdawg

Dec 6, 2007
Vallecito CO
Beware vforce reeds on my 12 didn't last more than 600 miles. Debating going back with stock reeds. Anyone else having problems with vf3 reeds failing prematurely on their turbo sled? All I hear about them is good.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I am in the market for some reeds as well for my 2012 boost it turbo pro and would like advise on which reeds to go with, any advise or experienced advise on what to avoid would be greatly appreciated.

The way Boost-it had the reeds doubled up worked the best. I tried Vforce on my 13 Boost-it Pro (seemed to give it a bit of a boggy bottom end) and ended up taking them out and going back to the way Boost-it had it done. For a Axys I would run the the factory vforce

O

onesnowdawg

Dec 6, 2007
Vallecito CO
Vf3 failure 600 miles. Not sure if this is common or not. Also read their warranty, petals not included under their 1 year coverage. All the other petals looked fine. Maybe a defect? Glad there's no snow right now in SW colorado.

IMG_5741.jpg

O

onesnowdawg

Dec 6, 2007
Vallecito CO
Tech service at moto tassinari convinced me to stick with the vf3 setup. They have new petals for the 800 that are thinner and more flexible which
will hopefully prevent what happened to the one in the photo and helps with the low end and erratic idling issue. Order the 3P883R-M if you want the latest replacement petals. Gotta say their customer service rocks, very helpful.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Tech service at moto tassinari convinced me to stick with the vf3 setup. They have new petals for the 800 that are thinner and more flexible which

will hopefully prevent what happened to the one in the photo and helps with the low end and erratic idling issue. Order the 3P883R-M if you want the latest replacement petals. Gotta say their customer service rocks, very helpful.

Really!? A v force employe pushing a v force product!!??

We will wait and see just how helpful they are in a couple months of good riding. Never heard of anyone having good luck with the v force on boosted applications until now. Hope the new reeds are the same thing as the axys reeds

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
The stock Axys reeds are the Vforce 3R reeds. They are working awesome! The cage is slightly different but the reed is the same.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Vf3 failure 600 miles. Not sure if this is common or not. Also read their warranty, petals not included under their 1 year coverage. All the other petals looked fine. Maybe a defect? Glad there's no snow right now in SW colorado.
So did it cause any problems when that chip went through the motor?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

O

onesnowdawg

Dec 6, 2007
Vallecito CO
No damage but I suppose the jury could still be out whether I'll have any issues long term. Just rebuilt the motor last year with Indy Dans beefed up cylinder fix kit. I scoped the cylinders and didn't see any evidence of scoring or other damage. Keeping my fingers crossed.

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
Got a set of the vf3 that I’m going with for a Indy dan long rod motor with silber 7 psi and was told the newest cage has a rubber coating in it and the reeds are a part # 3p883r pedal... if you lift your pedal slightly or look at the side of the reed cage it has a coating like the stock axys cage and supposedly solved the problem early ones had in boosted apps

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
They did idle low in my sled... ran great otherwise but idled low enough to piss me off...lights flicker and I even got a check engine light and battery light, this weekend, had to turn off warmers, lights, and got the lights to go out so I think it’s messing with electrical system so I’m putting stock back in... not worth the headache and my boosted long rod motor runs killer with stock... and idles properly. With proper tuning problem is solvable but with a tuner less turbo set up just not worth the time. If I want more power I’ll turn up the boost;)

Premium Features