• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Possible Bridger-Teton Snowmobile Restrictions

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
I would imagine between the 4 manufacturers that there would be enough resources to shut this down if it got to serious. Mountain sleds make up a good chunk of their sled sales these days, id doubt they'd be willing to give that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would think that this would be the case, but I have yet to see or hear of them getting involved in any of these situations. I have even tried to contact them through there websites and have only gotten the normal response of " We appreciate hearing from you and will forward this to the appropriate department". Never to hear from them again.
By all means, give it a try and see if you can get any further. I'm afraid that they will not take heed until it actually hits their sales report and then it will be too late. Good luck!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I would imagine between the 4 manufacturers that there would be enough resources to shut this down if it got to serious. Mountain sleds make up a good chunk of their sled sales these days, id doubt they'd be willing to give that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd be surprised how well funded the opposition is. They have billions to spend on this. Literally.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
U guys don't get it, the 4 manufacturers only sell 60,000 sleds. There is not that much money there if u want to ride on public land u better Join a club, your state organization, and acsa that is who fights the greenies the most. If u think someone else is going to do it for u. You will be riding a short track in the ditches before u know it.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
It's time for all of us who can to get out our wallets and donate for legal funds to all the organizations willing to fight to maintain the riding areas we have left. Most of these have people volunteering their time to push back on proposed closures. Backcountry sled patriots is one organization doing this for us in Montana.
The letter from Winter Wildlands Alliance was a lie, read their site:
the only sled access they want allowed is limited on trail. They are human powered advocates for a quiet outdoors. It is stated over and over on their website and this is where their efforts are going.
We all need to pony up and get some skin in the game if we want any motorized historical access to be preserved for us and future generations.
I quit buying from REI, Black Diamond and any others I know of that are supporting groups trying to close our riding areas. You should too!
Donating to help fight is our only chance, these groups are well funded and will win everytime if most of us who can don't chip in. It's costly and takes a ton of time to have a chance to stop well funded groups like Winter Wildlands in court.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
U guys don't get it, the 4 manufacturers only sell 60,000 sleds. There is not that much money there if u want to ride on public land u better Join a club, your state organization, and acsa that is who fights the greenies the most. If u think someone else is going to do it for u. You will be riding a short track in the ditches before u know it.
^^^^^^^^
What he said.

I belong to two local snowmobile clubs, one state wide snowmobile association called MNUSA and the Blue Ribbon Coalition. And one ATV club. Our ATV club disbanded because of lack of involvement. We all need to be involved or we will loose everything. Period!

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Hello,
Mr.Mark Menlove
Executive Director
Winter Wildlands Alliance
I hope you’ll open your check book to CSA WSSA or ISSA as well as meet us at the table to advocate for your preferences as snowmobilers and fellow public land owners.
As " fellow" sledders it would be a sound investment a show of good faith ?!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Hello,
Mr.Mark Menlove
Executive Director
Winter Wildlands Alliance
I hope you’ll open your check book to CSA WSSA or ISSA as well as meet us at the table to advocate for your preferences as snowmobilers and fellow public land owners.
As " fellow" sledders it would be a sound investment a show of good faith ?!

What a bunch of frauds. Wow.

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Here's an idea to these tree hugging idiots. Stay away from any groomed trail, since that's the access point for sleds, and you probably won't hear anything. Go somewhere else! Certainly don't use the trails we pay for them bitch about us using them. Lots of mountains out there,go elsewhere.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Here's an idea to these tree hugging idiots. Stay away from any groomed trail, since that's the access point for sleds, and you probably won't hear anything. Go somewhere else! Certainly don't use the trails we pay for them bitch about us using them. Lots of mountains out there,go elsewhere.

I have a better idea, donate to the legal fund so we can win in court.
Without the support from our OST riding group we are sure to lose more and more riding areas as they are well funded and will win if we don't fight them in court which is where this issue is.
Smart *** comments don't help at all (yes we are all pissed).

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
I have a better idea, donate to the legal fund so we can win in court.
Without the support from our OST riding group we are sure to lose more and more riding areas as they are well funded and will win if we don't fight them in court which is where this issue is.
Smart *** comments don't help at all (yes we are all pissed).
And tomorrow or Tuesday I'll look on that site that was posted to see where to send a donation. If you could PM a organization name and address I will be happy to go that way also

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
And tomorrow or Tuesday I'll look on that site that was posted to see where to send a donation. If you could PM a organization name and address I will be happy to go that way also

Contact ISSA, Idaho state snowmobile ***., they are one group challenging this current lawsuit (in federal court)and have previously fought in court for our group (mountain riders) to keep open riding areas historically used by us.
Another group fighting for us (not this lawsuit), but actively engaging the NFS and attending important OST planning meetings and etc.. Is
BSP or Back Country Sled Patriots out of Missoula MT. My wife and I support and donate to both of these groups.
Both are a good place to start, without the good people in organizations like these that volunteer countless hours of their time to defend our riding areas from the relentless attack from the non motorized enviro groups. Without these people working tirelessly for us and in many cases spending a lot of their own money it would be no contest...we lose!
Thank you for being concerned and stepping up.

Cheers!!

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Contact ISSA, Idaho state snowmobile ***., they are one group challenging this current lawsuit (in federal court)and have previously fought in court for our group (mountain riders) to keep open riding areas historically used by us.
Another group fighting for us (not this lawsuit), but actively engaging the NFS and attending important OST planning meetings and etc.. Is
BSP or Back Country Sled Patriots out of Missoula MT. My wife and I support and donate to both of these groups.
Both are a good place to start, without the good people in organizations like these that volunteer countless hours of their time to defend our riding areas from the relentless attack from the non motorized enviro groups. Without these people working tirelessly for us and in many cases spending a lot of their own money it would be no contest...we lose!
Thank you for being concerned and stepping up.

Cheers!!
Hey, I can do more than gripe lol. Will contact ISSA tomorrow. Thanks

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
Just go to the ISSA website "www.idahosnow.org" and they have a PayPal account set up to go directly to their Legal Fund. Every dollar in the account goes to legal issues.

Premium Features