• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 mtn cat BD race gas numbers

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
So i have 17 mtn cat with BD race gas kit 2860 with standard exhaust tki belt drive 27 top gear and ssi clutching that feels spot on but im struggling with fueling. I have had multiple proclimbs with race gas kits and fueling numbers on 12,13 & 15 have always been really close and easy to get dialed in but 17 is a different story. I pulled this kit off my 13 put on my 17 and sled is super lean mid to top end has anyone else experienced this on the 17 and if so do you have any good numbers I can try. I have talked with jared at bd but he said he has spent all of his time tuning the side kick and has not spent anytime on the race gas kit. He did say the map on the 17 is leaner then other years and give me the numbers they are running in the side kick yesterday. He said it should make it really rich/safe for a starting point that I could work down from but i have my doubts because they are two different kits. Im sure im not the only guy on here with a race gas 17 mtn cat so please help!

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
So i tried the new numbers from bd and found them to be close on top end but lean from 5500 no boost through 4300 5500 6500 psi. I have it ride able safe but not perfect I cant be the only guy experiencing this problem because the old stock bd numbers would smoke the motor if a guy was to run them. Someone has to have good numbers for me so I dont have to waist another day tuning please help.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
the 17 pipe and map are different so your the guy doing the RND.

JMO take your 15 map and add 3 points across the board bet your close along with the 09 back head.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
the 17 pipe and map are different so your the guy doing the RND.

JMO take your 15 map and add 3 points across the board bet your close along with the 09 back head.

I wish 3 points would do it but thats not even close. Just to give a idea in all ranges i have added 8-12 points Iwent from10 12 27 38 to 16 17 32 50 at 8200 psi to keep afr happy. I have got the mid and top end close its the bottom end im struggling with but im getting closer. I will say the changes cat made to 17 are very impressive it gets up on the snow like my Axys turbo and holds a side hill way better then 16. Also I know they did not make any changes to the internal of the motor but it feels like it has way more power then other Turbo proclimb I have had maybe it's just because the chassis works so much better.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
So here is the update I have spent many hours testing and trying to tune my 17 mtn cat BD race gas turbo. With that being said i have taken out 2 cylinders now through this process and can NOT get any help from boondocker they do not have any idea what the fueling numbers should be set at and tell me its the clutching. They sell you a $7500 kit that im now into $9500 with motor parts and all I get from them is sorry we are working on it which im starting to think that is not true.Just So you know i have had 2010 12 13 14 15 cats with BD turbos with zero problems and something is different with the 17 because my afrs are not getting hot and it still blows the motor at low speed. I cant be the only guy running a 17 with a bd race gas kit so if anyone has a 17 that is running good please help me with the numbers or what ever you had to do to make it work so I dont have to put it back to stock this time.

Premium Features