• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha cleans house

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
Heard about a month ago that Yamaha got rid of some higher up employees in the snowmobile division. Rumor has it that Yamaha Japan had some new chassis designs and they never made it out of Yamaha North America. Any truth?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Heard about a month ago that Yamaha got rid of some higher up employees in the snowmobile division. Rumor has it that Yamaha Japan had some new chassis designs and they never made it out of Yamaha North America. Any truth?

Will be fun to hear other comments on this one.

I
Nov 26, 2007
They downsized when moving from Wisconsin to Toronto, is that you're talking about or something new?

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Yamaha has so much potential in the snowmobile market, but for some reason is not taking advantage of that (at least not the mountain segment). The company has deep pockets to make something amazing happen in the mountain sled market, but seems to come up short. As a business man, I understand it comes down the bottom line, however I would love to see them take a larger percentage of the market share. If in fact they have cleaned house in an effort to compete more closely with the other Big three, I think that would be a step in the right direction. Companies need new blood and ideas from time to time to ensure they don't become stagnant in their thinking or in their business model. I guess time will tell.

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
They downsized when moving from Wisconsin to Toronto, is that you're talking about or something new?

Employees of Yamaha North America that were filtered out. I do realize that Chris Reid retired and do wish him the best of luck in the future. I'm just trying to find out if there is any truth to what is floating around out there. And maybe social media isn't the place to find this out. Just sucks because Yamaha has so much potential to make a kick *** mountain snowmobile.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Rob Powers was let go...

0d6a1ae806f0b4ecf4ca52b37a26f46e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Yes, yamaha did have some awesome stuff that never made it to production, this was many years ago. as much as i hate to say it, i think a super trick japanese built snowmobile that we have been hoping for is a fading dream. all future yamaha snowmobiles will be arctic cats with yamaha stickers....hardly something to get excited about. I think yamaha will eventually buy arctic cat when the stock sinks further and they get in deeper financial trouble.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Yamaha has so much potential in the snowmobile market, but for some reason is not taking advantage of that (at least not the mountain segment). The company has deep pockets to make something amazing happen in the mountain sled market, but seems to come up short. As a business man, I understand it comes down the bottom line, however I would love to see them take a larger percentage of the market share. If in fact they have cleaned house in an effort to compete more closely with the other Big three, I think that would be a step in the right direction. Companies need new blood and ideas from time to time to ensure they don't become stagnant in their thinking or in their business model. I guess time will tell.

Yamaha has always been about the engines and being the best at that. To think they can build an industry leading snowmobile suspension is not realistic. And now that they once again have the highest horsepower engine on the snow I do not expect to see anything really different for a while.

Premium Features