• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ALPHA REAR SUSPENSION AND TRACK UPGRADE KITS

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
Ya, lots of possible variables.

However, nobody will be ordering one any time soon because country cat just updated their post to say cat has just informed them that no alpha conversions will be available any time soon because of the huge number of alpha 1 snowmobiles being snow checked.

willing to bet cat got pissed at the promotion as it directly conflicted with snowchecks....

i'm sitting on an 18, have it sold and getting ready to order 19 alpha...why should I if i can sell my current skid/track and order alpha skid for minimal cost? totally defeats the purpose of putting new tech on a sled for next year and then selling the upgrade before they even get new sleds out. was kinda miffed by CC blowing out skids like that....basically undercutting all the rest of the dealers in the process.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
That would simply make too much sense for Arctic Cat’s Spring Order team to comprehend.

-Stack

Right?

Somehow Polaris can offer 100 different combinations on any model snowcheck you want but Cat struggles, and fails, to get two combos per model. Doo is just as pathetic.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Track kit no longer available. Could see that one coming a million miles away. Guy trying to sell these kits for $1000 off retail killed it for everyone. I’m sure every dealer on the planet called and complained to cat when these guys started whoring out these things.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Perfect. That is a bunch of bs. They were going to kill snowchecks and the price of my sled after I bought it. I hope cat did kill it. I don't blame people for wanting to go that route. Why wouldn't you. Buy a holdover 18 and the kit and basically the same thing for way cheaper. Places like Amazon and cat country are killing off the little guy. Pay a little extra for service.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Track kit no longer available. Could see that one coming a million miles away. Guy trying to sell these kits for $1000 off retail killed it for everyone. I’m sure every dealer on the planet called and complained to cat when these guys started whoring out these things.

I see CountryCat pulled their ad - no one has told BDX then yet.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Perfect. That is a bunch of bs. They were going to kill snowchecks and the price of my sled after I bought it. I hope cat did kill it. I don't blame people for wanting to go that route. Why wouldn't you. Buy a holdover 18 and the kit and basically the same thing for way cheaper. Places like Amazon and cat country are killing off the little guy. Pay a little extra for service.

X2!

BDX and Country Cat should be the last ones to receive their kits as a penalty for this fiasco!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Let's all pay retail and be happy about it? The others are only marking them up 200 percent instead of 300. If you are worried about resale you are in the wrong sport. If you guys pay list from your dealer then you need a new one.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Pay a little extra for service. Buy local and help your friends and neighbors. One thing to go out of town because you are there or want to. It is another when you have to. Just don't be pissed when someone does it to you. Never works that way in my experience. First ones to gripe are the first to go out of town.

As far as resale, I like to buy high and sale low. Never get stuck with anything. It is still bs. They would kill the potential snowchecks and lower the value of my 19. No different than when they dump sleds after Dec 31 to way less than snow checks. I'm definitely not into this to make money but I can't believe this doesn't bother you.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
The nearest dealer to me is over an hour and a half away, so convenience is 0 for me. About 8-9 seasons ago they started overproducing sleds and jacking the prices way above what they are worth. Hoping to make their money on the ones they can get rid of retail and then dumping the rest. Works perfect for a guy like me who wouldn't pay what they ask for a current year sled but am glad to buy one as a holdover for 2/3 of the cost. In this sport if you want to have the latest and greatest it will cost you a premium, the buy high and sell low way is a great plan :)

When a market goes soft a major manufacturer either needs to get out and reduce the number of units available or there has to be a production cut across the board. Until one or the other happens the current trend will continue. So no, how it is going does not upset me at all. If not for overproduction my 2011 pro would have been the last 0 mile sled I ever bought.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Even if you bottom feed and buy holdovers (like me), the depreciation is STILL a killer. I bought a '17 MC in January for $3000 off msrp, not a bad deal. 6 weeks later I crunch it up and the value has dropped so much in 6 weeks and 200 miles that totaling it would leave me another $2000 in the hole.

Worrying about the value of your overpriced snow check is pretty funny. As was well stated above, you will PAY for the privilege of being first, exactly as it should be. Don't like it? Wait a year like many of the rest of us.

The great news is, sometime next year I should be able to upgrade my '17 to an Alpha skid!

You can not hurt the value of a snow check, everybody already knows they are way over priced. Letting guys upgrade older models seems like a great way to spread the word and get more sales....

If you are silly enough to be willing to pay extra to be first (BTDT), you have no one to blame but yourself when it costs you.

Arctic-Duramax

Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2013
Belgium, WI
I believe the price at which they were selling it is an issue. If they sold the conversion at MSRP to start I don’t think it would have been an issue. Let it get half way through the season before dropping it $800-$1000.

Regardless, I thought the price was way less than it was going to be. Made it an entertaining thought for a midwest rider.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I believe the price at which they were selling it is an issue. If they sold the conversion at MSRP to start I don’t think it would have been an issue. Let it get half way through the season before dropping it $800-$1000.

Regardless, I thought the price was way less than it was going to be. Made it an entertaining thought for a midwest rider.

The discount just shows you how much Cat marks up parts. BDX is still making money dropping the price by $800. You can buy all the other Cat parts online at a similar percentage of discount every day, why not these parts? Oh yeah, some of you want special ego feeding being the first Alpha riders...

None of you snow check guys picking up on the fact that he factories are fleecing your wallets every spring?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Yes I am buying an alpha that yes I am probably paying a premium. Yes I don't think they should sell kits that low. I think you should pay more of a premium to make my sled more valuable. At least for the first year. It has no bearing on whether you think they are overpriced or not. Going by your post you apparently have issue with me buying new. Get over it.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
Someone has to buy them new! Glad there are people out there doing well enough to do it. Perhaps this fiasco gives us an idea what you might be able to get one of these for in the future. I don't blame cat for limiting availability at this point at all-they'd be crazy not to. Eventually the parts should be available though because they're all things you can typically buy over the parts counter to fix your sled. If they wanted to prevent that they should have modified something else to make the new design incompatible with the prior models.

Last edited:
Premium Features