• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Code P0261 fix?

H
Dec 5, 2011
Enumclaw, WA
Code P0261.
Sled - 2015 RMK 600
Miles - 700 ish

This code has to do with the fuel injectors. What are the odds that the injector itself is bad? I have had the code cleared. Should I take it in and get fixed in the shop or....check wiring, check and clean connections, and send some injector cleaner through system? And just pray the code doesn't pop up again. It's my wife's sled, she is afraid of getting stranded way up on the hill. Any suggestions?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This is an ELECTRICAL fault with one (or both) of the injectors. It can be wiring related, injector related, or ECU related. (Related=Caused)

I have found quite a few this year with this issue and all have been defective injectors. But I would still check wiring very closely.

Given that these injectors develop excessive carbon deposits at early mileage due to the central location on the engine (SDI) I would highly recommend replacement. This issue has nothing to do with the trouble code just another good reason to replace them.

Sending injector cleaner will do nothing to solve this since the code is tripped due to an electrical fault and not a mechanical fault.

Premium Features