• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T3 cooler thermostat

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
Is it still worth doing a engine tech thermostat or just a plug in style fooler so it thinks its cooler on these sleds? also are aftermarket reeds worth doing?

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I just picked up a Powderfreaks t-stat to try on my XM, guys say there are gains to be had with it. I don't think reeds have much if any effect on the etec though.

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Bump. Just checking in on this subject. T-stat replacement or jumper cable temp fooler- what works better?

Leaning t-stat- as it’ll be actual temps on the gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
T-stat was the best inexpensivish mod I did on my XM. If you ride late season too it helps a lot on marginal snow keeping the sled from overheating. Only reason I haven't put it on my 174 is it is a cold blooded SOB with that huge cooler. PM me if you want the powderfreaks t-stat.

P
I know it'd be pretty much impossible to tell without side by side data logging but im curious as to what the claimed additional cooling capacity of these t-stats does to an e-tec in the long term.
I mean sure, 2-strokes will fade hard when heat soaked but like any engine they'll also suffer in combustion efficiency when their not running as hot as they were designed for.
Not doubting the product but I question the validity of them stating that it will save the rings etc...stock engine.
Food for thought.
Having said that, still interested in this t-stat mod lol

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
Is it still worth doing a engine tech thermostat or just a plug in style fooler so it thinks its cooler on these sleds? also are aftermarket reeds worth doing?

Stock reeds are good enough unless your turbo!! Unless you ride a bunch trail with a mountain sled I wouldn’t screw with thermostat. Just from my opinion n experience!!

Premium Features