• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo XM Accessories We Offer

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
End of Nov, Mid-Dec is safe. I called today, they said another 2 weeks - January.

Not trying to bash, but if we can't get the product, its sort of pointless to take orders for this stuff.
Cancelled the order, went another direction.

Skinz makes some nice stuff though..

MD.

Last edited:

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
End of Nov, Mid-Dec is safe. I called today, they said another 2 weeks - January.

Not trying to bash, but if we can't get the product, its sort of pointless to take orders for this stuff.
Cancelled the order, went another direction.

Skinz makes some nice stuff though..

MD.

Just got word from Skinz that my bumpers are shipping this week, should have kept your order in place. When you call Skinz and you ask they are assuming you want to order from THEM.

Either way, those that are waiting on the Bret front bumpers the wait is almost over.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
what ever happened with the Bret air frame boards

Are these narrower than stock boards? And/Or narrower than the normal air-frames?

EDIT: NM, answered myself w/ some searching. "Bret's version of these boards include a toe hold and are narrower over the standard Air Frame boards."
These were 2 of my quirks with the XM [coming from a Pro], I use the toe-hold a lot to 'pull up' on when rolling the sled over. And the wide boards felt like they caused more washing out on aggressive sidehills.
Source: http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=164_168_191&products_id=1408

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Well, on background it looks like I inadvertently invaded the thread of a Skinz reseller. For that I'm truly sorry; it wasn't intended.

I learned about the bumpers here, asked their namesake where to get them, then looked the Skinz website and ordered direct from them. Never made the connection that "Sled Solutions" was a reseller….go figure. I apologize. My updates came directly from Skinz' Tammy and some guy who answered the phone. Ordered 11/14 for end of Nov, then was told that Mid-Dec was "safe", then called mid-Dec and was told another 2 weeks so January.

Looks like a nice product; I have their airframes and they are of very good quality. Sure hope folks are successful with these bumpers and the mfg gets caught up. Mfg's get overwhelmed, but 3 push backs over 6 weeks seems a little excessive for a product that has been advertised for quite some time.

Best of luck and….more importantly: Sorry to have invaded your thread!

MD.

Just got word from Skinz that my bumpers are shipping this week, should have kept your order in place. When you call Skinz and you ask they are assuming you want to order from THEM.

Either way, those that are waiting on the Bret front bumpers the wait is almost over.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
normal skinz bumper

<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd1080","fshd":true,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Are these narrower than stock boards? And/Or narrower than the normal air-frames?

EDIT: NM, answered myself w/ some searching. "Bret's version of these boards include a toe hold and are narrower over the standard Air Frame boards."
These were 2 of my quirks with the XM [coming from a Pro], I use the toe-hold a lot to 'pull up' on when rolling the sled over. And the wide boards felt like they caused more washing out on aggressive sidehills.
Source: http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=164_168_191&products_id=1408

:face-icon-small-hap

Well, on background it looks like I inadvertently invaded the thread of a Skinz reseller. For that I'm truly sorry; it wasn't intended.

I learned about the bumpers here, asked their namesake where to get them, then looked the Skinz website and ordered direct from them. Never made the connection that "Sled Solutions" was a reseller….go figure. I apologize. My updates came directly from Skinz' Tammy and some guy who answered the phone. Ordered 11/14 for end of Nov, then was told that Mid-Dec was "safe", then called mid-Dec and was told another 2 weeks so January.

Looks like a nice product; I have their airframes and they are of very good quality. Sure hope folks are successful with these bumpers and the mfg gets caught up. Mfg's get overwhelmed, but 3 push backs over 6 weeks seems a little excessive for a product that has been advertised for quite some time.

Best of luck and….more importantly: Sorry to have invaded your thread!

MD.

No worries man.

normal skinz bumper

<mytubeelement data="{"bundle":{"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","sound":"Sound","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_supported_on_your_browser":"No notification style supported on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_supported":"Not Supported","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for_this_site":"Click to enable for this site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null},"prefs":{"desktopNotification":true,"soundNotification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":false,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBuffer":false,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd1080","fshd":true,"onlyNotification":false,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":false,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{"loadBundle":true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

Awesome, looks great!

sledMXer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Helena, MT
Color Match on red RAS bumper

In regards to the Rasmussen bumper, does your red match the new "tomato red" color that is on the 14 XM? Or is it a true red.

When are the Elevation bags back in stock?

Thanks!

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
In regards to the Rasmussen bumper, does your red match the new "tomato red" color that is on the 14 XM? Or is it a true red.

When are the Elevation bags back in stock?

Thanks!

I have the same question in the red bumper color. Is it the "Lava Red" Ski Doo color that was used on the 2014 sleds?

Also, can you put they bumper on over a ski plate? Thanks.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I have the same question in the red bumper color. Is it the "Lava Red" Ski Doo color that was used on the 2014 sleds?

Also, can you put they bumper on over a ski plate? Thanks.

Personally I think it's a great match. I have had one local guy install the bumper over A Ski Doo skid plate and said it went on fine just bought longer rivets.

2014-01-07 16.16.31.jpg

Premium Features