• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oakley inferno and abom?

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Anyone had any good luck with firstly oakley inferno and second abom?

Tried many stuff in that and none worked out as advertised, but tired of fogging up etc.

Csellors

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2012
Goggles

I have 2 pairs of inferno's and 1 pair of abom. The inferno's are much better. 509 now has electric goggles as well.

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Great :)

Hows the batterytime compared to advertised.
Fitment?
Which colorlens is overall best.
And most importent, how does it work with fog and moist when u need it gone fast, like when boondocking/hillclimb ?

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I have the oakley inferno. Ran them all last season. I normally go through three to five pairs of goggles, and have melted plenty trying to dry them out on the pipe too fast. The field of vision is not as good as others, but the key is that they are always clear. The battery lasts all day on the worst fogging days. I plug them in every night. I have the rose lens. We ride overcast and storms over 80% of the year. The fitment is great for me. Seals nice to the face with no gaps. I think the lens is as durable as it gets when it comes to resisting scratches.

The downsides are:
The field of vision. It's not bad, but there are much better.
Replacement lenses are about the price of the goggle.
Not as many tints to choose from.
The battery is huge. Looks like a POV camera.

I ordered a set of Abom goggles this week. I'm very interested in anyone's feedback on them.

Last edited:

Csellors

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2012
Goggles

I have also found the battery lasts all day, but you need to re charge every night. There is a boost feature that will defog them quickly as well. I have the rose and the saphire and find them both pretty good on most days.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
I bought the Abom HEETS, which are the newer smaller version made for helmets. I have not used them yet. Rose tinted

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I've tried many goggles over the years between skiing and sledding. Nobody touches Oakley from my experience. I won't run anything else. I buddy of mine is trying the ABOM this year which i have no experience with, we will see how they do.

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
When i look on the oakley site i cant find them, when i googl2 and get to them on their site and click purchase, it says " the page your looking for cant be found"

Have they stopped making them, why ?

Can find some in few shops here in Sweden do.

N
Dec 19, 2010
I ran the Abom HEET all last year, we had extreme cold during the first month and I found my Heet were not keeping up, their customer service was great and I ended up working closely with them to dial the goggle in, they can actually program the goggle and change the heat mode, the balance is then battery life.
The program they are putting out now works great, I also have a pair that will run at max but battery life is only 4-6 hours.

I'm not a fan of the huge battery on the Oakley but fact is it works.

One key thing for me, the lens in the Abom is amazing and second to none in my opinion so you end up with a goggle you wear all the time.

I have three lenses, all have clarity over my Klim, 509 and Dragon.

IMG_6272.jpg

Last edited:
J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Im debating in witch lens to go with both with abom and oakley.. also mirrored or not. I ride in all kind of weather but mostly clear weather.. need them to work in the dark kind of aswell .

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
I bought the abom heets with the sunrise lens. Used them 4 days in 15-20 degree temps with blower powder. I am very happy with them. If fogging occured simply press the button. I would go as long as possible with them turned off to preserve the battery. I have never went all day without having to switch goggles until now. The low battery light would be flashing at the end of each day but they still worked. Awesome field of view, worked as advertised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
While this is a great thread.........any particular reason its in the "Axys Section"????

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Well it just ended up that way.. hang here so much so forgot to put in a another section :p

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I have Aboms, been riding with them for two seasons now. To set the stage, I'm a pretty hot sweaty dude and I ride in PNW where it's always 33 degrees and snowing. Wet wet and hot. Generally I just have them on the low setting most the day and they stay defogged. After a consuming stuck they'll fog. I just hit the high power and minute or so later they are clear. I rarely run the battery out unless it's a really long day of multiple stucks and high power defogs.

Oh and they're customer service is stellar. I had accidently scratched a lens when the bag slide down and caught my shovel and they sent me a new lens for some 60% off. Pretty stoked that I damaged lens and they recouped me with discount lens.

I plan on picking up a new pair the Heet version sometime soon.

Premium Features