• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New member with first Snowbike need some help - Husqvarna TE510

T
Oct 25, 2018
Norway
Hi

I have been stalking this forum for a while and found a lot of useful information so I thought I would give it a try.

Just bought a 2009 Husqvarna TE510 and will pick up a Camso 129" kit next week that will be my first snowbike. At the moment I am looking to get all the other stuff I need ordered so I can start getting familiar with the bike and get it set up decently as a snowbike.

- Where can I find a Thermobob kit that will fit my bike? Cant find one on Whatt-man. Do I have to go with a standard radiator Bypass from Raze or Avid then?

- Stiffer fork springs. Where can I order some?

- Anyone else running a Husky that has some good advice specifically for this bike?

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Te510

I ran a te510 for 300 hrs on the snow. I was first to put thermobob on one. Wattman has my photos. It is tight but doable. I think it makes a great snow bike. The powerful torquey 510 is a great match to the six speed close ratio gear box. I never knew it had a rev limiter till a riding buddy said "you never hit the rev limiter", I said didn't know it had one. It would pull third gear at 3500 or 8000 rpm. Never worry about maxing rpm so you can carry next gear, if reving 7500 in second it will pull third going uphill. First ride on my 17fx hit the rev limiter in second trying to pull third and had to downshift back to second. I though wtf.

Only issue was vibration. Loose bolts and chaffed wires were issues. I kept it warm by covering the rads and thermobob. Never had gas in oil. Never used a drop of oil. Never apart. Made one slight valve adjustment in 300 hrs. It's still running on a Snowbike. Another good thing, it hold two quarts of oil. It has the highest output stator that I'm aware of in enduro, I think it was 260 watts. It would charge the battery at idle with heated grips, fan, and all lights, everything on. It's a tractor. Watch for loose bolts and chaffed wires..

T
Oct 25, 2018
Norway
I ran a te510 for 300 hrs on the snow. I was first to put thermobob on one. Wattman has my photos. It is tight but doable. I think it makes a great snow bike. ... It's a tractor. Watch for loose bolts and chaffed wires..

Thanks for the good advice! Finally some feedback from a TE510 snowbike owner. Cant wait for snow now :face-icon-small-hap

Do you have any video or pictures of your bike posted anywhere?

I did a lot of research before and the youtube experts was saying that the best snowbikes are the newer 450 race bikes because they have electric start, strong stator, close ratio transmission etc... So I was very surprised to see all the same features in a 2009 street bike with almost the same power that was reasonably priced! So I bought it right away.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010

I have a few photos but, cannot post here. Tried. I will pm you.

Premium Features