• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Camso 129” or 2014 TS 137”

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Slide the tilting front arm spacers in all the way so it doesn’t tilt anymore and you will gain some track speed.

Be careful not to run the track or chains too tight as that also robs trackspeed (power)

Especially with the older kits riding with a full 3.3 gallon gas can on the tunnel helps balance the front to rear weight bias.

Lastly get some stiff fork springs for the front. Probably the worst snowbike experience is with a diving front end. (It makes life miserable)
s

Ok, thanks for the tips, now to implement them:

Got the '14 TS 137, tore it down and did the bearings. How do I tilt the front arm spacers? I'm not even sure where they are.

What are the ideal specs on chain and track tension for best track speed?

Got the 3.3 gallon mountain addictions can coming

How does one decide where the shock preload should be?[/QUOTE]

Shock preload will be an “on the snow adjustment “ you will want to ride it and adjust until you have a light front end without too much “push” when cornering.

Track should sag about 3/4 inch below the rails when you pick it up.

Chains should move about 1/2” with light finger pressure.

Front arm spacers as pictured. Loosen the setscrews and gently tap them inside the front arm then very gently tighten the setscrews. (The plastic pieces break very easily so don’t tighten them too much.

8cbfd7aa2f6ed0a89ce3a9e75ca91260.png

Last edited:

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
Front arm spacers as pictured. Loosen the setscrews and gently tap them inside the front arm then very gently tighten the setscrews. (The plastic pieces break very easily so don’t tighten them too much.

8cbfd7aa2f6ed0a89ce3a9e75ca91260.png
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info Sheetmetalfab and the picture, now I at least understand the part you are speaking of. Please forgive my ignorance, can you please describe "gently tap them inside the front arm" some more detail? I don't understand what you are trying to have me do. Thanks for your time.

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
It’s Canadian thanksgiving today and my turkey addled brain is in a bit of a fog but I believe I finally understand you. I’m meant to tap the spacers toward the centerline so that the tongue of the spacer slides into the front arm tube placing the shoulder of the spacer up against the front arm tube. Is this correct? The spacers on this rig were out 5/8” from the front arm tube. With the spacers being plastic am I running the risk of them breaking if theyre tight against the front arm when the suspension flexes during use?

Regarding the suspension, I can’t help but think the some where in the near future there will be specific preload and sag settings for these things just as there is in the dirt world as well as different rider weight specific springs. Perhaps this is already happening with the newer skids.

Last edited:

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
How does spacers out vs spacers in and the differences you describe effect the ride?

M
Jan 14, 2004
That's really weird, in those pics you guys posted, the Nytro in the bottom right is my old sled that got stolen. I built that tunnel. WTF?

M5

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

That's really weird, in those pics you guys posted, the Nytro in the bottom right is my old sled that got stolen. I built that tunnel. WTF?

M5

Google images.

35306113c1820b0045d561585e1df80f.png

Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
I've built a lot of sleds and tunnels but that one was my favourite color combo. I built it for my wife. Can't remember how much weight I dropped off of it, a lot, it worked really well NA, got stolen before I had a chance to turbo it. That's a 156 CE on it with a Cat skid, it was so easy to ride and climbed amazingly well for a non turbo Yami. The crappy Cat rails folded up so they got replaced with Iceage rails. They never charged anyone with the theft but the sled got recovered it was painted flat black and all the good parts were missing.

M5

Premium Features