• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Mototrax Mountain 129

Z
May 15, 2017
Kamloops B.C.
First off, I know all about the issues that have gone on with mototrax in the past, so I dont want this thread to turn into a repeat of every other mototrax thread. That being said, I am seriously considering buying the new 2018 factory edition mountain 129. It looks as though they have learned from their mistakes and have addressed all of the issues they were having, as well as beefed up the components and made everything stronger. Has anyone had any seat time on a 2018 model? I have only spoken to two people who have ridden them this year and they both loved them. I am just looking to see if anyone else has actually ridden one and how it performs?

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
Not a 129, but I did ride the 120. The 2.5" track makes a big difference, so that is a plus. I ended up finding a Convex track from TS to put on my 2017 Enduro just to keep up. (Thanks for the advice Dooman!) The billet ski mount helps the flex we had in the front end. The EVO link was a necessary addition to the skid (wasn't standard last year.) I really like the ride of my MT kit when compared to a TS 120, so I haven't given up on them yet.

Still think the rear slider arm is a very weak link. On my 2017, that poor bushing has needed replacing several times per season. Been working on a mod for that to help with longevity (and keep the front of the skid up when in deep powder) so hoping to be past that issue later this season.

So, in my opinion, you will enjoy the ride but plan to put some work into it.

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
If you are looking for an alternative to TS and Yeti... look for something actually proven to be reliable like SnowtechMX or CMX... The nails are in the coffin for MotoHax IMO. They proved to everyone that they use the customer for their R&D dept. I haven't turned a single wrench on my Snowtech, going on almost a year.
39272033322_d3dfdc2ddb_h_d.jpg

H
Jan 31, 2017
Whistler BC
If you are looking for an alternative to TS and Yeti... look for something actually proven to be reliable like SnowtechMX or CMX... The nails are in the coffin for MotoHax IMO. They proved to everyone that they use the customer for their R&D dept. I haven't turned a single wrench on my Snowtech, going on almost a year.
39272033322_d3dfdc2ddb_h_d.jpg

I need to try this set up when ur in whis riding with the mach

S
Dec 7, 2007
Deer Lodge Montana
I have an 18 Mototrax 129. My experience so far has been great. I did hit a stump square on earlier this season and broke the new track adjusters and bent the large bolt that goes through the pivot joint in the rear suspension. Had new parts for under $50 by the next weekend. So far so good. Trail performance of the ski could be better. Doesn't seem to be different than others trail manners though.

Premium Features